i have about 20 copies of moving the earth, third edition. $40 a pop. they are used and in good shape. pm me.
Good book, and good deal... :thumbsup OCR
I dont do push up's ..I simply push the Earth down ... If i was an avid dirt guy ..I'd be in ..The older literature is usally better ..because technology was the guy in the seat ..not the plastic in the dash..
so true.... the older guys ... would offer advice if you asked them ... or give a friendly how to lessen.....when I first started construction.... I would ask questions about how they did what.... Now the only question that they ask are when's lunch ... payday.... and quiting time... always love the when can I drive the hoe ?... Now it's warm bodies..... that can barely hit the ground with a bucket...... wont ask for or take advice... then you get the "you no tell me" or my favorite "these plans no for me" a few will ask... but very few....
Same phrase different meaning In Australia drive the hoe/HO could also mean you want to drive one of these, Ford GTHO Phase 111.:notworthy The fastest four door production car in the world in 1971 produced down under Sorry to hijack your thread, same words/phrases mean different things in other parts of the world
Moving the Earth Hey; That's an awesome text book! When I took my first earthwork course's in 93 it was the reference book of choice. I agree there are very few of the older fellows left that have the ability or desire to pass on skills to the newer guys. I always wished I could have started sooner in the trade to have had a chance in a cable dozer
It kinda sucks there are not many old guys to ask questions, cause od guys rock cause more than likely they have been then done that. I am 23 and just moving up to operating more than usual, if we had work, but I am definitly getting away from the ditch and intot he machine. The oldest guy at work is in his late 40s, same with the owner, hell our best operator is 29, and he probably isnt coming back after this lay off. That sucks cause he is the first one to give you advice or stop you before he sees that your are about to screw something up. Good guy to work with. Have worked with older guys in other fields always learned alot and not just about work. Maybe i should get on of those books
qball still have any books left?
Go out to CA or several ranchers have them here in TX. They are no fun in hard ground.
yep. plenty. pm me.
I'd like a copy of the book, let me know how to get one? Thanks.
send me a p.m. with your address.
I have Moving the Earth. Excellent book, I learned a lot by reading it.
ok, still have a bunch left.
Yes. Hello. This may come as a shock, a "Know it all" like me, but I want one. :tong
send me a p.m. with yer address, i will fire one out to you.
Bargain on information I've used that book for reference back in the 80's & browsed through a copy at a university library last year. Heaps of great info :notworthy A bargain @ $40 US. Priced a later edition, four times dearer