Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mowers for excavators

eric12 ยท 2011-06-27 22:40

hey does anyone have any experience with using flail mowers or brush grinders for excavators? big or little, ones that use the machines hydraulics or auxiliary engines? i saw one for a komatsu 35 sized machine and was wondering if they work well or not... any thoughts would be nice. thanks

Replies3
  1. #1grandkobelco2011-06-29 07:11

    Wev'e mounted a brush grinder on a 200 size machine. It needed a lot off hyd flow so it needed both hyd pumps to feed it, slowing down the rest of the machine a little. But the customer used it for many years. The trick is to match the hyd need of the mower to whatever the machine can produce.

  2. #2maddog2011-06-29 12:49

    I have a mower attachment that I made for my mini but it isn't what you're looking for{old push mower}. I use it to mow around our ponds does a fairly good job.

  3. #3CM19952011-06-29 20:35

    Here's an older thread on the subject - Might help you out.