Years ago there was a thread about some new equipment in Europe and one that had a lot of comments was a machine which is a loader, dozer and excavator all rolled into one machine and ran on rubber tracks. Is there anyone else who remembers this cause I'm buggered if I can????
Probably a Mecalac. French, bought out most of what was left of Terex UK.
Yes, it is saved somewhere in this computer, if I can find it. If I recall they are about $250,000. There is a video around of a Kubota tracked excavator fitted with a skid steer style quick coupler that accepts a four in one bucket. It is demonstrated with dozens of attachments, Harley rake, snowplow, forks, The list goes on and on. I'd guess more attainable than the European thing. Another company, I can't find again sells a bucket you can hook over the blade on a small excavator. Depending where you lift it, top or rear, it carries load, or dumps.
Is this the thing you were talking about for a mini-ex? Unique idea, but tracking around in my mini takes forever.
No. The one I'm talking about is on the blade supports.
I remember pictures of a duck with a skid steer quick hitch instead of a blade, but can’t find it. Bucket trays hooked on blades are getting more common. I had one on a Volvo duck I used to own. Or there is Baggerdumper - see picture Graham
I'm not sure I know what a duck is (as you use the word) That looks like an aftermarket item I've seen.
I think you do mean Mecalac.... https://www.mecalac.com/en/machine/8mcr.html.....we saw a demo of them at the Vegas ConEx show a little more than a year ago. Looks interesting, expensive, lots of lines on top of the boom to get snagged on trees and such. There is a dealer somewhat close that's trying to sell them but I think it's hard to break into the mini ex/track skid steer market with unproven durability or support...id happily give one a whirl for a week or two though.....
Not yet, but that is a very nice device.
Tones I saw the same at the last Conex. Interesting machine if you need a jack of all trades and are going to run it yourself. I could see it being useful to a custom homebuilder or other specialty trade not needing production.
Sorry, a duck is a slang expression for a 360 excavator on wheels as opposed to tracks. Most come with blades. Graham
The tray on the Volvo was custom made to carry a rotary sieve bucket. Bucket weighs 1500kg, but it handled it no problem. The wheels on the back are for loading on a truck. The Volvo blade is parallel lift rather than pivot as most blades so the back of the tray snagged the ramps. Very handy bit of kit for carrying buckets and other work stuff. Any machine I had with a blade would have one.
This was what I had remembered. Only have this screen shot. Can’t find out anything about Sandco.
Thanks for the replies fellers. Mecalac Is the machine I was looking for. That moment I'm working with a young bloke who is thinking of getting a combo which is a small excavator and skid steer but here they are like A holes( everyone has one) so I told him about this gadget. Sometimes you gotta think outside of the square
We sell them at Lorusso Heavy Equipment and are doing well with Mecalac. The great thing about Mecalac is the machines are made to last. We have not had an issues yet with the lines over the top of the boom getting caught on anything. Not to say they won't but it is not a common issue at all. Check us out at, www.lhequip.com Thanks for the interest.
When you are ready give us a call at Lorusso Heavy Equipment, 508-660-7600. We are the Mecalac dealer for all of New England.
Paul, has there been any rumblings from Mecalac regarding a "12ish" size in the foreseeable future? Thanks!
They have a 12 ton articulated wheeled excavator. Machine is pretty amazing. It will be coming here next spring. https://www.mecalac.com/en/machine/12mtx-1.html They make the 11MWR, a 11 ton wheeled excavator. https://www.mecalac.com/en/machine/11mwr.html They do not make anything bigger then the 10MCR. https://www.mecalac.com/en/machine/10mcr.html Give me a call when you have a chance, 774-994-1569.
Ok Paul.. If I get a second tomorrow I will give you a call. Thanks!
You still interested? If so give me a call.
I did, called you 12/21 at 4:10 PM EST. I will call you tomorrow between 10:30 and 11:00. Thanks Paul.