Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang MTL 20 / ISUZU 4JG1 Motor …..Rebuild or crate motor

searlest ยท 2023-05-26 10:38

I have a 2008 Mustang MTL 20 that has suffered server motor damage. Therefore exploring options of a used motor/ Crate Motor / Or rebuild of existing So far i know that the #1 connecting rod is broken , crankshaft is ruined. I am located in NE Indiana Does anyone have expertise with the 4JG1 ISUZU motor? Or know of the best resources within 500 miles of me? Possibly some one specializes in rebuilding these engines ? All advice welcome and appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1STEFANO2023-06-30 08:48

    Hello Searlest, i send you Service Manual for ISUZU Engine 4JG1 - Best Regards

  2. #2searlest2023-06-30 09:39

    Thanks Stefano!

  3. #3Birken Vogt2023-06-30 09:51

    I haven't had any catastrophic on one of these, but when I inquired about a smaller one, I was told that the pile of parts would cost the same as a new engine with a warranty. And with a broken rod, scored crank, etc. you know where this is headed. Of course availability of stock whichever direction you take is a complete unknown. I have a small Isuzu dealer that answers all these questions intelligently for me whenever I run into a situation.

  4. #4STEFANO2023-06-30 10:10

    Hello Birken, I send you Part Manual for ISUZU Engine 4JG1 TPD03 - Check your 4JG1 Engine model - Regards