I think it's time I introduce myself and my Michigan loader. My name is Mikael and I live in the northern parts of Sweden. I run as small business with my two excavators. One Åkerman 230 and one PelJob EB350 (Volvo EC35). Not to long ago I baught a cheap loader to assist me and my other machines. The loader is a 1981 Clark Michigan 75B and I really love the brute force of the old warrior. It's a simple kind of joy operating it. I'm normally used to operate Volvo and Ljungby loaders but they are too expensive to suit my needs. Finding parts in Sweden can be a bit tricky and prices wary. Therefore I'm now looking to find what I need from the US instead. I'll start this thread with some pictures of my loader.
Good looking old loader. What parts are you looking for? There are a number of sources for Clark parts here, rebuilt, used and new. Do you have a parts manual yet?
Right now I need filters. Air, engine oil, trans, hydraulic etc. I also need the bushings for the lift tubes. (where mounted onto chassi) Need a wiper motor. A used would do fine. Next winter I plan to rebuild the engine. I've found Minnpar to be a good place to buy parts (?) but it's hard to find parts and prices without s/n and I don't really want to take it apart and order the stuff afterwards since the rebuild would take to long to do then. I haven't found any of the manuals. I've been looking around the net but found nothing. I earlier was told to check with tractorparts.com. Have done that but got no answer from them. About filters... I went in to town yesterday to buy engine oil filter. It was $105 tax excluded. That sounds somewhat expensive to me. My guess is that its cheaper to buy everything directly from the US?
You need to find the serial number, it is stamped in the frames, both front and rear, Cummins starts with 428A-and on or 443A- and on, GM starts with 435A- and on or 447A- and on. a number of part changes are serial number specific. Most of the filters can be found under Donaldson brand, go to Donaldson filter cross reference, using Google, then go into applications, then put in Clark, then 75B, should bring up Clark numbers and Donaldson cross.
Ok, lets see if I did this correct... Since my machine is 443E 222, I looked up the filters for s/n 443 at donaldson. There I got the OEM numbers and used them for a partial number search att MINNPAR. Is that the correct way to do it?
Donaldson won't list by serial number, The 75B filters, Hyd, Trans, and air will not have changed, just put in Clark and then the model 75B to bring up the filter numbers, you will get both Clark numbers and donaldson numbers. Donaldson has European out lets and you may be able to get the filters from them cheaper when you consider shipping cost. Link to Donaldson: https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/application/search.html That is USA group. There might be a different region (European) that you can buy on line from or get a local distributor in your area. You can also use the Clark P/N to search Minnpar and compare prices.
Hello there!!! Just to introduce myself, my company is (among other things) exclusice DANA-Clark Service centre in Greece. This is a family business and my father had started it by being an expert in Michigan loaders. We have dismantled a lot of Michigan machines and we are really in love with them. We can help with any need you may have, either technical or parts. Feel free to contact me any time!!!
GREAT old beasts! I had one which I recently decided to sell as it was deteriorating with not having shed for it. Reliable as clockwork and never failed to make me feel good when giving it a task and it did it with grunt to spare. Simple machines to work on and no computer made it "user friendly". The photo of the ol' girl is the rough looking one They are a favourite in the Philippines also. (2nd photo) I saw this one over there. It was like new. Even the original seat! Most I saw (which was 5 in number, over a 6 week period) were pretty knackered but functional. Only this one in the photo had brakes, where as in my experience, that like the 5 Hough machines we have also had, brakes were always be a major failing with both of the 75B and the Houghs. Thankfully, even though they are generally looked at as being past their use by date, finding parts, again thankfully, haven't (to date)been too much of a headache. Best wishes for the job of giving the ol' girl CPR to live & work another 30 odd years. Cheers
for Transmission parts, axles parts and converter parts check out www.bpt.on.ca
I love the look of that loader with the winter backdrop. Hopefully you can keep finding the parts you need to keep it running. They really are great machines, which makes them always hard to part with. The plus side is they are reliable.
75b was my favorite as a kid. You really have most of the bases covered. Minnpar is now the official parts dealer for michigan wheel loader in the US, Volvo solds the rights around 2009. Volvo bought michigan out in 1986, they made michigans intill '92 over here. Parts are still hard to find for alot of stuff because volvo made their own machines, and didn't really care about supporting the michigan machines. So some parts maybe near impossible to find. We sold our last michigan 6-7years ago because parts where so hard to find. Like the above post, donaldson, wix, or who ever your choice filter producer is probably has the filter you need. cummins made tens of thousands of that motor and they are all over the world. It looks like you have a triple nickle, 555 cubic inch v-8 cummins, i know states side they are all most impossible to find parts for. i don't know how popular cummins is in sweden, but over here they are very popular. We repowered our machine with a "b" series, 5.9 liter cummins straight six, doesn't have the torque but are extremely popular.
Hi guys, I own a similar machine the Clark Michigan 75B, however I think mine carries a GM671 engine. Can anyone tell me where I can get piston rings, connector rod bearings and main bearings for this engine type.
Detroit Diesel dealer for parts or just google Detroit Diesel parts and a lot of suppliers will come up, some will be official dealers and some will be after market parts dealers. don't know if you can just get rings or if you have to get liner kits. You should get your crankshaft checked to see if it needs to be ground or just polished, before you order bearings to make sure that you get the right size, the crank could have already been ground in a machine that old.
You can find 6-71 parts at almost all Marine engine repair shops.Find out which model engine you have 2 valve or 4 valve
www.minnpar.com official parts source for the 75B. Many parts books posted on the web site.
Hi Micke, Nice old boy you got there!! If it is a 1981 model, it is most likely a "C" series. If i am right , the cab on the B series of the michigan loaders was a bit different. Thanks for posting pics of it. Max.
How do you find the year on these machines? We have a 45c clark coming up for auction, and i wanted to know the year of it. The serial number is 473a144cb
Love the old michigans!!!!
Parts available at MinnPar www.minnpar.com
How is the old 75B working out?
Clark Michigan 75 I have a Clark Michigan 75C loader ID # 494A 257CB I am having brake seal problems. Tried using automotive type brake fluid and then was told to use aviation hydraulic fluid MIL PRF 5606. This fluid deteriorates the seals within a few days. What is the proper brake fluid for this loader? Do you know where I could acquire an owner's manual or a service manual? Thanks!
I got a reprint manual here http://www.tractorparts.com/misc.htm you could try them or ebay.com
75 C takes brake fluid, hydraulic oil will eat up the seals in the master cylinder and the calipers.
Nice loader you have there!! I just got the same model myself a day ago.. I see you received tons of help and direction on your new purchase. Great people here to help hua!!?? I could use some direction also! I'm looking for a radiator cap and I have no books either... (Model 75B GM) (Serial 447D222CB) Also I need to know some specs ?- Engine and size? Horse power? things like that??
Engine: 471TN60, I believe that theN60 is injector size. Convertor: Clark C273 Trans: Clark R-28423-503 modulated. Clutch pressure with hot oil at low idle 240 PSI. Main relief Hydraulics 2500 PSI Pump 32.5 GPM at 1500 RPM and 1500PSI Should be able to get rad cap at MinnPar as noted in prior posts, also down load parts manual and operators manual.
I have recently bought one of these beasts. But I need to know what fluids to put in it like what transmission fluid what oil etc.
is it still easy to get parts for this loader ? i have a clark michigan 75b 1979
i have a brake problem. it has been a alert saying air pressure failure, i had a little bit brake power for until yesturday. then i heard all air go out from brake and i no longer have brakes. what is causing this problem ? annyone?? im werry appreciated for help :=)
where can i start a new post ? im sorry guys if im blind and cant find it :=)
I'm having trouble finding the year, hp and weight of my Michigan Clark 75B Model: 753GM Serial: 447D222CB Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
There are several loaders involved in this conversation I think, but on a 75C the master cylinder is right under the floor, and power booster right in front of it. A hose failure there will will be heard and I would look there first. I also have one caliper rebuild kit for a 75C from a prior machine I owned in my cabinet. If someone is in need of one, it's free. I will get the part number and try to post it today.
Awesome information!! Thank you .
Correction The caliper kit is a partial. I have 10 square cut seals. That's the part that usually leaks. Only two boots, and two cap O ring seals. These were left over from a brake rebuild, which I bought several kits for because some I needed pistons for. The kits came from Carlisle co. in Bloomington Indiana Phone# 812-336-3811 Also available from Minnpar.
I have a 75B wheel loader and needs overhauling kit. SN is 8492172 but I do not know the kind of engine it has. Can anyone please tell me what engine it has? Thank you.
GM should say Detroit Diesel on the intake and really screams, very loud! Likely green in colour but could be yellow. Serial plate might show 75B GM or 75B C I think. I know some GM equipped said GM. Earlier in this thread showed the engine codes from the serial number.