Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My Last One-Finished

Truck Shop · 2021-01-17 13:43

After two and a half years it's finally done. Many hours of work and aggravation went into this Mack. But it was something I had to do-My Last One. Would I do it over again? I can't answer that right now. Was it worth it? Yeah it was worth it to me. Did I learn anything along the way? Of coarse I did, Old Dog's can learn new tricks. Please don't hit the like button or comment, it's had enough likes these last years. I thank all of you for watching the progress and your nice reply's. People to thank for helping me reach the end result. Chris Nulph-owner Tate Transportation, Gayle LeFore and Jeff LeFfore, Hagerman Truck Salvage. Jim Ferraro-Jim's Machine, ACUFAB, Napa of Walla Walla and HW Metals Portland Or. Saved Best for last---Jose Palomino for the the excellent effort he put into the body and paint work. And there is a possibility it will be on the cover of {10-4 Magazine} A big Maybe.

Replies57
  1. #1John C.2021-01-17 22:44

    Happy for you

  2. #2Truck Shop2021-01-18 07:25

    Well it got opened up so feel free to post and hit the button if you like.

  3. #3kshansen2021-01-18 08:09

    Now just need to do a video of it hooked to a trailer running down the road!

  4. #4JPV2021-01-18 08:35

    Are you going to keep it and take it to any shows? Lemmons Trucking in Longview have a good one in June you should bring it to, can park it next to the W900L!

  5. #5old-iron-habit2021-01-19 21:59

    The hood and panels really make it stand out. This truck deserves every cover photo it gets. Well done. As good as the hood looks, cruising without a hood was still so cool.

  6. #6bam19682021-01-20 13:52

    WELL DONE TS!!!! As OIH said it's very cover photo worthy. Now go and have fun with it.

  7. #792U 34062021-01-20 14:06

    As the kids say: "****in' Mint!"

  8. #8RollOver Pete2021-01-20 15:08

    Nice work for a fry cook.

  9. #9petepilot2021-01-20 16:28

    the guy makes a helluva cheeseburger

  10. #10Coaldust2021-01-20 18:09

    Wow!

  11. #11Raildudes dad2021-01-20 20:05

    Fantastic work

  12. #12Theweldor2021-01-20 20:09

    You are an Artist when it comes to those trucks!!!

  13. #13Truck Shop2021-01-20 20:43

    I doubt I will take it to any shows, I believe it will be gone this spring and possibly reside in Baker City Or. But that hasn't taken place yet so who knows what it's immediate future is. I just know I'm tired and need some time off from dreams.

  14. #14JPV2021-01-20 20:51

    Tell the guy that buys it to bring it over, my covid facemask will catch the drool!

  15. #15Truck Shop2021-01-22 19:09

    I have a phone interview with Overdrive Magazine next week.

  16. #16Truck Shop2021-01-30 19:38

    Online story in Overdrive Magazine sometime next week. And a video I finished this week, it's not long just photos.

  17. #17Willie B2021-01-30 20:54

    Wow!

  18. #18DB22021-01-31 03:58

    I believe that both you and the truck deserve the recognition. A testament to workmanship. Well done !

  19. #19Truck Shop2021-02-04 09:58

    https://www.overdriveonline.com/cus...el-mechanic-builds-oneofakind-1960-mack-truck

  20. #2056wrench2021-02-04 10:12

    awesome and WELL DONE !!

  21. #21Birken Vogt2021-02-04 11:24

    One thing that stands out to me from this project is Mike's experience in sourcing all the parts and pieces. That must come from having "seen it all" over the years. Although I would have put the round polished aluminum knob with the side valve on that shifter instead of the plastic one.

  22. #22mitch5042021-02-04 11:25

    You beat me to adding the link. I just read the Overdrive article this morning. Great article, but, of course, it doesn't do justice to the amount of work that went into this. You ought to ask them to include a link to the thread on here, then people could get a sense of what was really involved!

  23. #234x4ford2021-02-04 13:53

    Saw it this morning. Overdrive had it posted on their face book page.

  24. #24Truck Shop2021-02-26 16:27

    Everyone on here knows the story, but this what the local paper published. https://www.union-bulletin.com/thin...cle_536fc6d8-9e79-5400-8fd1-8a53b8a45bfc.html

  25. #25Welder Dave2021-02-26 16:55

    Here's a looooong hood but your craftmanship is far superior. Handyman Corner "Cigarette Car" - YouTube

  26. #26DMiller2021-02-26 17:53

    One SWEET Ride!!

  27. #27Truck Shop2021-06-18 19:41

    Had a strange happening today-I hooked the Mack on the back of the tow truck to take to a show on the 19th {tomorrow}. I have someone there at the show to watch it for me till I run back and retrieve it in the afternoon Sat. Anyway cut to the chase-I was cruising along at 58 mph on four lane coming up to the Snake River Bridges. Then suddenly WSP Blues in my mirror, I pull over. The female WSP walks up opens my passenger door And says, I have been following for 6 miles can I see your license and paper work? Sure. Then-What year is that cute Mack truck your towing it's gorgeous, can I take some photos? Take all you want. She came back handed me back my stuff and handed me this paper. Look under shipping and bill of lading.

  28. #28Willie B2021-06-18 19:54

    Can't say! She wants your truck, or your body. Maybe both.

  29. #29sled dog2021-06-18 19:55

    Sometimes when you least expect it..... Good on ya !!!

  30. #30John C.2021-06-18 21:12

    "Incredible Mack Truck" They are human!

  31. #31DB22021-06-18 21:43

    Very nice

  32. #32Truck Shop2021-06-18 21:47

    Well I'm too old and tired for a run around the haystack.

  33. #33hvy 1ton2021-06-18 22:21

    I like the entry for shipper as well

  34. #34Welder Dave2021-06-18 23:43

    Years ago a motorcycle magazine was testing a new 1981 Yamaha RD350LC. They got pulled over but the cop was more interested in what the bike could do than giving a ticket! I'm sure the Mack turned a lot of heads.

  35. #35DMiller2021-06-19 04:17

    Some days you eat the Bear!!!

  36. #36petepilot2021-06-22 00:00

    mike . next time you see annie from the paper give her a thumbs up from me for an excellent write up. have you let the last one go yet?

  37. #37Truck Shop2021-06-22 00:19

    No I still have it. unfortunately.

  38. #38ih1002021-08-10 09:04

    Put the steering wheel on the proper side and ship it over here, we need a bit more variety on our roads. There’s hardly any British stuff that age left here, it’s either been exported, cut up, or rotted away.

  39. #39Truck Shop2021-08-10 11:27

    Steering wheel is on the proper side.

  40. #40Truck Shop2021-09-16 20:37

    May as well post it here too-Sold it today to Joseph Equipment, Manchester New Hampshire will join the other Mack's in his collection.

  41. #41Willie B2021-09-17 07:03

    Will I see it at New Hampshire shows?

  42. #42Truck Shop2021-09-17 07:37

    That I don't know, I would imagine so. I asked the new owner if there was a possibility he would take it to the Macungie Pa show for me.

  43. #43Tinkerer2021-09-17 10:10

    Must have been difficult to part with it after all that time and work. Are they going to resell it ? I see that they have some really neat antique trucks for sale on their website. https://www.josephequipment.com/inv...ccountCRMID=363065&settingscrmid=363065&dlr=1

  44. #44Truck Shop2021-09-17 10:35

    No it's going in his privet collection.

  45. #45Hallback2021-09-25 16:02

    Very cool. Your talents show my friend.

  46. #46Truck Shop2021-09-25 20:51

    A OTR with a low profile 29' well transport will be at the shop early Sunday morning to carry it east.

  47. #47Truck Shop2021-09-26 15:39

    Adios Muchacho!-----sad day.

  48. #48Hallback2021-09-26 16:52

    Sad moment but know it's headed to a good home.

  49. #49DB22021-09-26 22:06

    A true work of art !

  50. #50Truck Shop2021-09-27 01:05

    Thanks folks.

  51. #51DMiller2021-09-27 04:37

    Can relate to a Sad/Glad moment as left.

  52. #52Truck Shop2021-10-01 19:12

    It made the trip with no problems-video on aths facebook.

  53. #53Crummy2021-10-01 20:17

    I'd put the KW on the wagon & roll in the cool truck.

  54. #54Truck Shop2021-10-27 20:53

    Now for the first half of my day. That mack keeps following me-I got a call this morning and I couldn't really understand the person because of his thick accent, I almost hung the phone up thinking it was a salesman. Then the guy said he was part of the production crew for the tv show Ultimate Rides.

  55. #55kshansen2021-10-28 19:59

    If you hear the Mack is going to be on TV let us know when if possible!

  56. #56Truck Shop2021-10-28 20:16

    I will-but things like that rarely come about-I'm not all that excited about it or holding my breath.

  57. #57kshansen2021-10-29 07:32

    And when they do the "facts" can get all messed up by those doing the reporting!