Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new to me D39EX

Dickjr. ยท 2014-04-29 12:12

Cleared about 5 miles of side x side trails this weekend. So far I have put about 60 hrs on it with no issues. I had a D39-1 model previously , it was and still is a good dozer but the maneuverability and cab have me really liking this newer machine. I bought it from Mashburn Equipment in Ringgold GA. They did everything I asked from oil samples to measuring the u/c. The u/c report came back the rails and sprockets needed immediate attention. They installed a new set of rails and sprockets for 2500$ more money. I hope it holds together, so far so good.

Replies7
  1. #1390eric2014-04-29 14:05

    Nice looking dozer. That full front windshield looks like it would be nice to look out of.

  2. #2pafarmer2014-04-29 15:23

    Good looking machine....good luck with it....

  3. #3Jim Dandy2014-04-29 19:41

    I looked very hard at the Komatsu dozer. I really liked the 22 series with radiator in the back. Ended up finding a low hour 650 H so I bought that. The dealer support for Komatsu is not very good in my area but I liked the dozer and would consider one in the future. What is that yellow box next to the fire extinguisher on the back of the machine. Nice looking dozer.

  4. #4Dickjr.2014-04-29 20:11

    Thanks for the replies , Jim the yellow box is the AC condenser. I could have bought a 22 series for 68gs but that was a little over my budget. Basically the 21A and 22 are the same running gear with obvious modifications like radiator etc. My neighbor , lives 150 yards away is a PSR for Brandeis Machinery , our local Komatsu dealer. They have been good to me as well.

  5. #5dlarue2014-05-30 16:50

    Nice looking dozer. Maybe it will be awhile but if you need some parts and you want to go the used route let me know I just brought one in to part out and it is a 21a like yours.

  6. #6pafarmer2014-05-30 16:52

    Looks lime a great place for a hare scramble ! Mind if I come and ride ? Great looking dozer....

  7. #7Construct'O2014-05-30 23:11

    Be careful in the trees,or you might find out the cost of that nice big windshield! Plus the exhaust pipe. You really need a set of sweeps for your project.Trees seem to reach out and touch you fast.Nice machine! Good luck