Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new to me D5K XL.

PNECAT ยท 2015-05-11 22:15

Hey everyone I figured I would post a few pictures of my new CAT D5K XL. I'm very happy with the dozer and can't wait to put some time on this baby.

Replies16
  1. #1nowing752015-05-12 17:45

    Congrats. We have a 6k and has been a great tractor. Just keep an eye on the tracks if it's system 1 undercarrige.

  2. #2PNECAT2015-05-12 19:33

    Does anybody have the part # for the rops that attach to the front hood and to the top of the cab? I'm looking to buy a set soon so anything would help find a set new or used. Thanks

  3. #3pafarmer2015-05-12 21:33

    Congrats on the New CAT ! Great pick .....your going to love it...

  4. #4justingiffi2015-05-16 21:38

    She is beautiful, how many hours does it have on it? What are you planning on using it for?

  5. #5Lancelot2015-05-17 04:02

    D5 stuff Well done, am looking to get a similar machine soon myself. The K series have been on the market for a couple of years now and would like to hear from yourself or any other owner/operators how they have panned out compared to the G series, do you have any experience on dozers and or earlier model 5s. Good luck PEACAT. My first ever reply, joined forum to learn about D5s

  6. #6Lancelot2015-05-17 04:05

    oops my apologies I meant PNECAT

  7. #7catfxr2015-05-18 14:11

    If you provide a serial number I can get you a parts break down. I assume you are referring to the limb risers that attach at the hard nose and at the cab?

  8. #8PNECAT2015-05-18 17:14

    Lancelot I have had 3 other dozers other than the D5k but nothing this big or new. I looked at a few different models and operated them also and felt like the D5K XL was going to fit my needs the best. I like the D5G model also. Thanks

  9. #9PNECAT2015-05-18 17:16

    Catfxr Yes I'm looking for the limb risers from the hood to the cab for a 2009 D5K XL.

  10. #10PNECAT2015-05-18 17:19

    Justingiffi The machine has 6'000 Hrs and I'll be using it on multiple different types of jobs. Good machine for a little bit of everything.

  11. #11PNECAT2015-05-18 17:22

    First job building a pole barn stripping Topsoil off with the D5k.

  12. #12catfxr2015-05-18 22:28

    Can you provide the last 8 of the PIN

  13. #13catfxr2015-05-18 22:58

    Limb risers Here's the graphic with the group number

  14. #14Turbo_Drive2015-05-18 23:47

    Great choice PNECAT. Lancelot, I currently run an 2003 D5G XL and a 2014 D5K2 XL, both are nice machines but the K2 is a cadillac compared to the G. I like running the G raking, clearing fence rows, pushing fire breakes, ect.... I usually use the K2 reworking, opening up, and building roads for timber crews, to me it's alot smoother and faster than the G working roads, plus the K2 is still got new on it and I don't wanna scratch it up, lol

  15. #15Lancelot2015-05-19 06:07

    How do you guys go with demobilising your 5s, I like the size because you can what Americans call "roll on roll off", which is a big cost saver, with the big distances down here. And the cost of a dealer call out in remote areas a bit scary. We can use what we call a "tilt tray" for this size machine. Nice choice to have to take in the morning Turbo

  16. #16PNECAT2015-05-19 11:59

    Catfxr Thanks