We had demoed just a breezeway of this college theatre so I was demoted and the boss had one of our supers do it. It was ugly it should of taken 10mins. to carefully drop this and it took him almost an hour. I took my 420D and knock the doors in and drove inside and knocked all of the plaster off the ceiling so we could see how we wanted to cut the roof open and cut the framing. I didn't get much for pics just of the super. He started right and then he got all nervous and tried to pull the whole thing down at once and he did alright. The building missed the hoe by inches, but the rock on the roof filled the cab of the hoe at least 4".
Wow, Dozerboy, they should have kept you in the operator seat for the whole job. What a mess! Glad to see it didn't happen to you, though, and great to see you doing demolition again this summer. Any other demo going on?
That must have hurt a little with all that pea stone falling on to the guys lap. I do have to say doing demo with a machine without a thumb must be a little frustrating
It sure is, just ask digger242j about it!!:wink2:wink2
I think our demo work is coming to an end we are going back into road work.:sleeping I'm sure it did hurt, yes it is very frustrating the boss won't put out the $$ he thinks there isn't anything I can't do with our 963 with a 4in1.
We wouldn't be without a thumb on a excavator you need it for sorting material. Even digging material that we need clean we use the bucket and thumb to pick out the rocks even the stuff down to 4 inch minus. It would have been funny if the pea gravel hit your boss in the familly jewels :laugh
Wow, looks good. I'm going to be trained on the hydraulic excavator in the next short while and I had a question about demolition. Would it be in my reach, or worth my while to start out with demolition, and does it pay well? How does it compare to the excavating dirt work? Thanks in advance, Mike
I don't know of any pay difference, for starting out your better to start in the dirt IMO for the safety factor. If I had to just do demo or grading I would do grading demo can be very tedious at times.
I'm pretty open as far as what I start out doing, as long as I get the oppertunity, and the pay is reasonable. I can always work my way up quickly...