Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My thoughts on the Sharp Grade G128.

KSSS ยท 2024-09-28 16:56

I have purchased a Sharp Grade G128 grader attachment. It is currently set up LPS Grade control which is Topcon. I am using a CASE DL550 Minitour on the grader. I have pushed about 100K SF with the attachment. Prior to this grader I had a BC Grader attachment, I did not have any type of guidance on that attachment. What I like: The grader is heavily built, much heavier than anything else on the market that I have seen. Considering I am pushing it with a 19K loader with 25K of push capacity, that is a big deal. The grader was not correctly set up correctly by the RDO rep. That is being corrected now and it should work even better. Even with the attachment plate elevation not being correct, I was able to achieve .25" accuracy on a 65K SF parking lot. I had to alter the way I used it to accomplish that but never the less, it is very accurate. RDO is fixing the mistake without issue. This attachment is a lot of money, compared to other options. I think it is worth it. This grader does not side shift like the BC or the Level Best option. I do kinda miss that feature. The SG however has hyd powered end plates about 1' in length that allow you to also treat this like a box blade....mostly. That is a feature I do really like. The support from SG is excellent. What I don't like: The attachment requires an aux set of buttons that attach to the control handle. I get that, few machines have enough electric over hyd buttons to run all the features. It turned out to mount pretty well on the DL550 which has dozer controls and not typical joysticks. What I don't like is the quality of the buttons. The buttons are small and cheap. Way not quality enough for an attachment that costs what this does. I am working on fixing that with quality button set up. The SG cant articulate the blade as high as the BC could. The benefit of the SG is that the design allows you to change one side of the blade without affecting the other side. Pretty ingenious design, however with that, you lose the ability for grade blade height. I liked the BC for cutting a swale and work like that, you can do with the SG just not with as much angle capability. I bought some lead shot to fill the steel arm that connects the two front tires and see if I can weight it down a little more. Considering how much material it can push, a little more weight would a help keeping it planted. I will add to this when its done and comment on how that worked. Overall its a very well built and designed grader attachment.

Replies3
  1. #1materthegreater2024-09-28 20:54

    I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of it in action.

  2. #2KSSS2024-09-29 10:56

    https://1drv.ms/v/c/6db589b6367d593a/EQ4bsEHRPBdLhT_yDx2IkEQBx8vDPZIxa5Hx3N5BHNVKOQ?e=vmEWd5 It's not in action, but its what I have available right now. I have a lot of drone footage, that I haven't gone through yet.

  3. #3NepeanGC2025-04-02 11:45

    What's the build quality like on the Sharp Grade vs the Bobcat?Also, which bobcat grader did you have? Dealer is telling me the 96" is way heavier built than the 84" I'm looking at both options for in front of a bobcat T770 or T870. First job for this setup would be a 75k sq ft parking lot.