Thought I'd show you my topsoil screener which is still going strong. I don't know any thing about it (make, year etc). She still runs and does a good job.
We found this abondoned in a farmers field about 15 years ago. At the time we were digging a fishing lake and we needed a cheap screener to sieve the topsoil. We're still using it now. Considering her age, she does a great job. Next time it's running, I'll take a video and post the link from Youtube on her. Karl
Hi kmbrad, Looks like a real sturdy machine. Is that ladder as dangerous as it looks?
Only if you climb on it. Doesn't the engine complain about being exposed to the weather?
???
Thats a neat screener, Im building one a bit different and smaller for my skid steer TLB and my excavator to screen rotted leaves for my nursery sideline. I like to old Volvo loader is it 4x4 or 2x4. And how well dig? I have a Chance at a 50 ** loader I thought might be good for composting and such. Is your screen deck flat in the shaker area and just use vibration to shift the material. And the over size material finally comes out the end or through the bottom.
I don't think it's worth more as scrap--old doesn't equate bad in my book.I have an oldy also--a Royer,which is actually a shredder, as it first shreds the material,then screens it with the adjustable fingers on top.It does a fantastic job-makes a gorgeous fluffy aerated product,although slow.I feed it with my 3' backhoe bucket because after about 2-3 buckets,the topsoil sits on top of the screening bars on top so I need to scrape that off.It's got an air cooled V4 Wisconsin engine that will start quicker than my Duramax diesel in my pickup.
I would not say worth more as scrap, I would say worth its weight in gold best of all sounds like it does exactly what it says on the tin and only drinks a drop of fuel and doesnt owe you a penny. Now I saw that loader and thought Muir Hill, is it? or is it in fact a Volvo. :drinkup
:lmao That is in fact a well known UK safety feature. It stops any other interfering busy body know it all from being tempted to go and start the machine when they have no knowledge of its little idiosyncrasis.
Stumbled across my old thread. I knew I'd registered before! The screener is still going and the ladder is still as sturdy. It's a volvo 622 by the way. Just sold her. Good front wheel drive loader but the cab hits the bottom of the screen when your emptying from underneath. I'll take a video of her running in the summer when we start using her again.