Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My work picture thread

90plow ยท 2015-04-28 17:24

Just figured I would join the crowd and post some pictures of what I do. I know I enjoy seeing everyone elses work shots and equipment so here is my little fleet of earth moving toys. Ill try to keep it updated as I get more pictures.

Replies56
  1. #190plow2015-04-28 17:26

    So the first picture is our PC120 digging a deep french drain in a neighbor hood with many trees and rocks. The old girl could barely roll that thing out of the hole. The next picture is the first week I was running the mack and the first time I pulled the 120 myself I did pretty good and the Mack had "tons" of power back then haha! The last picture is the little machines the first day on a big wall, paving, and drainage job we did at a house.

  2. #2ddigger2015-04-28 17:43

    Very nice!

  3. #3Fastdirt2015-04-28 17:46

    Nice! That setup will get it done for sure. Glad you posted...now we will just more and more......and more

  4. #490plow2015-04-28 21:30

    New grill for the Mack made by my father in-law. Trying to get more pictures up but nothing seems to be working tonight. Oh well maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the compliments guys!

  5. #5AlldayRJ2015-05-03 18:11

    Beautiful equip and mack. Whats the empty weight and gvw on something like that?

  6. #6CM19952015-05-03 21:10

    Nice Mack, the aluminum dump bed is sharp.

  7. #790plow2015-05-03 22:22

    These are some before and after pictures of a house we worked on. There was a french drain installed along the back of the house to prevent the basement from flooding every rain storm as well as a bunch of pipe for storm water management and liter drain tie ins. Our crew built the wall and steps and the paving was done by one of our subs.

  8. #890plow2015-05-03 22:27

    Thanks! The truck is about 19,500 empty and registered for 60,000 gvw as the DOT around here advises to include any trailer weight on your gvw (not going to get into that debate here). The truck is set up pretty heavy though it has a 25 rear and a 12 front which is more than enough for what we do right now.

  9. #9movindirt2015-05-04 00:13

    Nice looking walls and steps! Sharp looking Mack too.

  10. #10nedly052015-05-04 04:42

    Lovin that mack! Nice looking work!

  11. #1190plow2015-05-04 22:08

    Some pictures of the building we tore down at a lumber yard. 120'x 25'. We got it down floor out and footings installed in december. Then the cold hit we just got it framed up last week.

  12. #1290plow2015-05-04 22:11

    Just a picture of the rig I liked and a picture from a few weeks ago I had the Kubota tinted %35 all around.

  13. #13Landclearer2015-05-05 06:22

    Thanks for posting. How do you like the KX 057?

  14. #1490plow2015-05-14 22:14

    I love the Kubota its a great machine. I wish I had the money to buy a better skid steer but for the amount of time it sits vs. the amount of time its used I cannot justify it. Heres some more pictures of the building floor being poured 70 yards of concrete and the new building framed up. Siding goes on next week and were done.

  15. #1590plow2015-05-14 22:21

    Some pictures of the foundation I dug a few weeks ago and have now back filled it but only half way as the builder changed his mind the day I started back filling. He got nervous with the 30 foot long back wall being 9 foot high I suggested we wait until the first floor is installed to help hold the walls from caving in.

  16. #1690plow2015-05-14 22:24

    The spoils pile is still that large after 13 tandem loads of dirt were trucked off site. Probably the hardest most stressful dig I've done in this machine there was no room to get into the job. The drivers threatened to walk off the job after one load was taken out of the driveway due to the tight conditions, bushes, and overall crappy area the job was in. Learning the hard way what it takes to make it living the dirt life.

  17. #17Georgia Iron2015-05-15 20:31

    Excellent projects. I was looking at the pics of the building going up and was wondering about the (wood blocks?) that were set behind the steel poles. How do those work?

  18. #18Fastdirt2015-05-15 22:28

    All I can say is great job. Never let them see you sweat LOL. That's a commercial actually but yeah that feeling you get when you're all cramped up and crowded up is nerve racking and then it takes all night to mentally wind down after concentrating so hard. It's a shame about the truck drivers complaining. You got to find one or two that won't complain. Who needs that on top of all your responsibility and liability. Also I don't think anybody wants to backfill a block wall. Nice jobs you got going there and very rewarding when done.

  19. #1990plow2015-05-15 23:06

    Thanks guys. Georgia the wood blocks are actually just temporary while the floor was being poured as the brackets for the 6x6 posts for the building are about 1" below the floor made for a real clean job. Thanks FD the truckers were being uptight even after I tied all the bushes back but the one guy had fresh paint and the other had a 14' western star. I always like keeping my stuff as good as I can too but they really added to the stress that morning and more than likely cost me a load a piece.

  20. #2090plow2015-06-08 21:26

    First is a picture of the completed building they had their annual pig roast bar-b-que in there the other day and it really had people talking. The second is a crappy little drywell the town engineer wanted. Next is a picture I took while polishing the bed and tanks (never again!) Picture of my new to me Case 580k. Lastly a picture from today I looked up while inspecting a private bridge I had to cross and I thought it looked like a cool picture.

  21. #21390eric2015-06-08 21:46

    That little Mack looks sweet!

  22. #22Oxbow2015-06-08 22:10

    The Corona made the polishing possible? That's the problem with polishing aluminum, once you start you can't quit.

  23. #23Cat E70b2015-06-13 20:14

    Nice work I love the old pc120.

  24. #2490plow2015-08-21 11:52

    Some new pictures. The first is a porch that had collapsed and needed to be loaded into a dumpster. The next two are pictures of a wall that had failed both the block wall and the stone wall. The block had some 1" cracks in it as well as a big bow and obviously had moved over the years from water damage. We rebuilt them both and added some much needed drainage.

  25. #2590plow2015-08-21 11:57

    It was a sad day but the PC 120 went to retire in Charleston SC this was the truck it was loaded on and the first load the trailer ever carried. Needless to say the machine bent his ramp pins and scratched his deck up oh well.:beatsme The next few are of the new to us Case CX 130 getting delivered to its first job. Next pictures are some action shots. The parking lot was built in a swamp and was moving all over the place. They hired engineers and came up with a plan to find the soft spots with a loaded tandem excavate them fill them with about 12" of 4-6" stone and base them before topping the entire lot. I was working for the paving contractor on this one.

  26. #2690plow2015-08-21 12:01
  27. #2790plow2015-08-21 12:03

    Finally got the picture of the machine right side up!

  28. #28Landclearer2015-08-21 16:50

    I know the feeling on seeing a machine leave. I will keep an eye out for in in Chas How do you like the Case 130? My brother ran Deere 130 and said he did not like it. I ran a few Case excavators a while back and was impressed.

  29. #2990plow2015-08-21 17:43

    I like the case. Has a fuel issue of some sort not getting power after it auto idles sometimes. I think it's well built and is way better in terms of reach,visibility, and balance compared to my old pc. The machine came from a link belt dealer and from what he said link belt actually builds these machines for case only difference is the cummins motor in the case. The paving guys are hardcore deere guys and didn't really look interested in my case haha. I've heard bad things about deere from several people which made me sway away from their excavators.

  30. #30JNB2015-08-21 18:53

    Good looking stuff! How many hours on the 580k?

  31. #31ScottAR2015-08-21 23:38

    Great pics.... Summitomo (sp?) actually builds both Cases and Linkbelts 75 size and up. Case used to have Cummins but I understand B series and newer they are identical besides paint and badges.

  32. #3290plow2016-07-12 21:13

    I know its been a while... We have been slammed with work lately and I haven't really even been on here. Heres some updates. A couple pictures of an addition I just dug for another contractor and one picture of my new personal ride

  33. #3390plow2016-07-12 21:15

    Skid steer kept getting rusty at the bottom from plowing and loading salt so I wire wheeled it cleaned it and used some bed liner to protect it better. I think it came out pretty good and Im honestly tempted to paint the rest of the machine black.

  34. #3490plow2016-07-12 21:18

    Demolition project I did for another contractor pictures showing middle of the project to cleanup. A nice old R model that dropped off a concrete box for me and a picture of my truck getting loaded with all the scrap metal which was two boilers about 8 radiators a couple beams and alot of hot water heat piping. Walked away with about $200 bucks for all that scrap

  35. #3590plow2016-07-12 21:23

    A picture from this winter when I went to load salt, A patio we built for a customer, loading dirt out from a garage build. A water line job that turned into a leaker before the valve all day night mare, and a picture of my counter weight painted orange and lettered up to stand out like my mack.

  36. #3690plow2016-07-12 21:25

    The reason I get up in the morning and put up with peoples **** all day.

  37. #37CM19952016-07-13 19:37

    Nice work, I really like the stone patio. I bet that masonry chimney was interesting to demo around. The last thing you want is for it to fall into the landfill bound debris and increase tonnage, at the same time not having come down on the excavator.

  38. #38dirty4fun2016-07-13 20:30

    Very good looking equipment and some nice jobs. I enjoy demolishing houses and cleaning them up, fun to see how they were built.

  39. #3990plow2016-07-14 14:27

    Thanks for the compliments! This is about 25% of the work we do the majority is renovation work with the machines being fill in/convenience for us. The chimney came down hard and hit the edge of of a dumpster which left a nice dent but it started swaying in the breeze when the boss man showed up and he did not want to take any chances. The majority of the chimney was stone so it remained on site at the bottom of the hole.

  40. #40Landclearer2016-07-15 16:48

    Glad to see you back posting pics. If you get bored you can come down and do a patio for me How do you like your Case? That is a great idea using bedliner on the Bobcat bottom. It will be interesting to see how it holds up.

  41. #41CM19952016-07-15 19:46

    I'm first in line buddy!:guns

  42. #42Landclearer2016-07-15 19:51

    I am first geographically though

  43. #43dirty4fun2016-07-15 20:18

    What size Case excavator is yours? I have a CX 130 like it real well. Just purchased a Caterpillar CR 305 getting rid of my New Holland backhoe. Only done a little clean up of some trees so far with the Cat, seems to be ok.

  44. #4490plow2016-07-15 22:31

    I guess the patio is a hit! The case is a good machine its a CX130 definitely a step up from our old PC 120 its smooth has decent power and speed and best of all a radio and ac. The work keeps coming and we keep going just wish I had a little more work for the case. I have 2 decent foundation digs coming up for another contractor in the next two months so that will be good.

  45. #4590plow2016-07-15 22:34

    That patio was nice but this one has always been my favorite that we constructed. All blue stone with stone walls and a 40' ****** going into a coy pond.

  46. #46mikebramel2016-07-16 12:36

    Beautiful work

  47. #47dirty4fun2016-07-16 20:52

    Very nice work sure looks like a relaxing place to hang out.

  48. #48movindirt2016-07-16 22:25

    That project turned out very nice!! :notworthy

  49. #49Landclearer2016-07-17 12:32

    That is nice, should be proud of that one for sure.

  50. #5090plow2017-06-28 21:20
  51. #5190plow2017-06-28 21:26

    Some pictures of a block wall that fell over and we came in to rebuild for the homeowner. Used flatbed I picked up for winter. Straight edge I made for the Kubota.

  52. #52hvy 1ton2017-06-28 21:40

    That Mack is still looking good 90plow. Is that bed aluminum or stainless?

  53. #5390plow2017-06-29 22:39

    It's aluminum. Love the truck but I feel like I'm out growing it. I need a tandem and a zero turn 15 ton excavator but we all need what we don't have right.

  54. #54Landclearer2017-07-07 16:54

    That is a sharp little truck. Yeah you always need just one more machine or attachment until you get it then you need something else

  55. #55Georgia Iron2017-07-09 11:09

    That was a very nice patio. Its funny how we all want another machine and another job. I was just thinking about moving up from a 953 to a 963. After sitting on the 53 for 5 days, 50 dump truck loads later, stilling needing another 50 loads of dirt and now another builder ready for me to start another 500 k house 60 miles from my shop, with a full basement and site needed to be cleared. My wife telling me not to go and not to do it that it takes too much away from the family. Anyway nice machines It seems like that truck is loaded up pretty good with them. One of the guys I bought my 53 from used a single axle truck to move it around. Said he did it when no one was watching . I keep wondering if it I could get away with moving a 320 with my tandem...

  56. #56CM19952017-07-09 18:06

    I've moved a 321CLR on my tandem tag with a tandem pulling. I sincerely made a deal with Lord about 1/2 through that if I could just make it 2 miles to the destination I would NEVER, EVER do it again. Made it safe - I have and will for the rest of my life, uphold my end of the bargain. Now with a tri-axle tag trailer behind a tai-axle dump - maybe? Those 2 extra axles make a world of difference in carrying and stopping.