What is your personal rig? This is my first diesel rig, and I love it. Its a 2002 GMC 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax LB7, EFI tuner with Edge Display, Devils Down Water Methanol Injection, EGR Cooler with EGR Delete, 5spd Allison Auto, 4X4. 175K miles. Great truck.
2000 f350 crew cab long bed, 7.3 with banks stinger + (4" exhaust, upgraded intercooler and piping, turbo, exhaust brake, transmission controller, etc. aftermarket aluminum trans pan and rear end cover, polished headache rack, and 04+ Harley davidson headlights. Just over 100,000 miles, I really want to get a DP tuner chip to take advantage of the upgrades I have on it already.
2013 F350, 6.7 Powerstroke. 42K miles, bought it new over 2 years ago. It's been a great truck and I'll buy another one. Bone stock and it will haul ass, pull a load and is comfortable. The most powerful stock truck I have owned. I upgraded the XL steel wheels with 18" Ford Lariat wheels I bought off Ebay. What is everyone running tire wise in the 18" size? It's getting time for tires and my BFG's have been great just want to see what else is out there.
I have been running 18" BFG Trail TAs at 80 PSI on my 06 F350 FWD and averaging 50,000 miles per set. The best tire for snow traction I have came across. Often loaded to the max with no failure issues to date. I am changing my F550 FWD to the same in a 19.5 when I need tires next.
05 f250 (190,000) 6.0. Run Goodyear duratrac in summer and the studded version in winter. It's my plow truck for our mile long driveway and hardly ever have to put chains on with these tires.
Only picture i have on my new computer. 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Long horn edition with the 6.7 cummins. Always been a slight bit partial to the rams and am very happy with this truck besides axle seals going out at 45k
05 3500 SRW duramax, all stock with 302,000 miles on it. I bout a set of vision (Rickson) 8lug 19.5 wheels so I can run a heavier tire they have been great. iv had them on the truck since the first set of stock tires wore out!! the 19.5 tires live a LONG time on a pickup truck..
1995 F150 6 cylinder, 5 speed, two wheel drive:beatsme
a 97 and 99 ford powerjoke
07 Dodge. 5.9L G56 6-speed. 753hp/1380ft.lbs. been through everything over the years.
Maybe someone can flip my Dmax back onto its wheels for me...:bash
'96 dodge 3500. Dually. Twd. 5spd manual. Cummins. Turned up a wee bit. 280,000 miles and still running strong, and 22 mpg.
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee . Once in awhile the wife lets me drive the Toyota mini van .
14 lariat 6.7
15 350 XL 6.2 gas... work and personal, I keep a car seat in it. And that's a 70cfm compressor for a jackhammer/missile
Here you go PA. Here's mine. My old '99 SD. Now semi retired at 323,000mi and used mostly for hauling my wife's GN horse trailer.
Thank you Sir......Nice rigs my man....looks like you got all the bases well covered.....Wish I had a roller like you have pictured. Used yo rent them allot but never purchased one which now I regret not doing.
Thanks. The roller was a rental, as was the dinky dump trailer to haul it in since they were out of tilt-beds. I do a lot of gravel ranch roads/driveways and parking lots so I usually line them up to roll as many as I can in a day. On the truck note... I love the Cummins, but after owning the Dodge/ Ram for awhile it feels pretty flimsy compared to the SD. The Ram's body panels feel like old Coors cans.
My two 4x4 Fords used for personal and work. I just use door magnets now and then.
I run a Ford F350 also. I bought one in 2011 and traded it last week for a 2015 F350. Only problem I had with the 2011 was the urea tank froze and broke a nipple off. Guess it was my fault as I had filled the urea tank to full for January in Minnesota...lol.
I am still using my 02 F350 7.3. 24.6000 miles. In fact its at the dealer getting a new set of tires right now.
I've got a 2001 F250 7.3 as well, 160K on the meter. I would be driving it after my '06 was totaled (love that truck) but fortunately work was steady enough that I already had a crew in it.
CM/Fastdirt/digger/JNB, Great Trucks Guys ! I owned a 2001 F250 4 X 4 with the 7.3 in it, Best damn truck I have ever owned. My son and his buddies decided for me one summer evening in 2010 I no longer needed it and wrapped it around a Oak tree for me. Never forgave him for that bonehead move. It was a great running Truck and relaible no matter hoe much abuse I handed it. I have to admit the 6.6 Litre Duramax with the Allison tranny is one hell of a drive train and I really enjoy driving it. All of my work truck are single cab Dmax equipped rigs and I can't complain about any of them with the exception of the insane price tag but nothing is inexpensive these days. All great rigs here guys , I am enjoying this thread ...
Heck as a farm truck I still use the 92 F250 7.3 that I also bought new and replaced with the 02. It now has less miles than the 02.
Am I the only member here that doesn't have a one ton? Here's my 2009 Tacoma and my 81 project.
Here are a couple pics of my company truck and my Jeep.
That jeep is sweet LC! Any other toys or just the jeep?
Thanks Sawdus, the only other toy I have to drive is a Kawasaki Brute Force.
I do have a couple of other project rides to share. My 1956 Studebaker President Classic. I traded a day's work for the car. After sitting for over 20 years it started up on the first try after I changed plugs, points, condenser and oil. And our (soon to be lowered) '85 Burb with 79,000 original miles. It's a pleasure to open the hood and work on things without all of the hoses, wires and other garbage in the way. Both of these street-rides are a huge departure from my 4x4 rockcrawling days!
I'm jealous of all you southern guys who have older trucks that are still rust free and clean. It's impossible to keep things nice around here with the salt. Here's my daily driver/work truck/sunday cruiser/grocery getter/everything else truck
Don't forget about the west coast guy.
To any of you in salt free land. :soapbox
My ride & co-pilot This is my 31 Ford A w/87000 mi and a whopping 40 horses,3 spd non syncro trans, 4.50 x 19 skins, Armstrong steering, mechanical brakes and 1 1/2 exhaust. Run standard B truck plates so am not limited on when or where I go. Co-pilot serves as security also.
Here is one of my toys. Parked it a few years ago as it was geting really expensive and I was running it out of my own pocket with no sponsorship help
I smash bugs with my face when the sun shines with this little rocket ship.....
Here's my 13 250. So far I love the 6.7 diesel. Have about 31K miles on it now.
2009 chev 1500 nothing fancy but gets r dun, 1996 freight shaker with 60 series Detroit (company s trucks )
I guess it likes belly up :beatsme
My sprint car has been upside down a time or to.
Ahhhhhh, a great Kenny Roberts replica RZipper.... One of the first street bikes I owned...was a total blast to ride, not many people wanted to follow though, that 2 stroke smell isn't for everybody I guess....
Nice duramax JGibson, Here's mine, 2012 LTZ 2500HD, 6.6 duramax, H&S mini maxx tuner, PPEI custom tunes, 5" exhaust from down pipe back, 35" nitto trail grapplers, cam locker tool box, warn Gen 2 transformer brush guard and warn 12k power plant winch. Also my first diesel as a personal truck and as long as I can afford it I'll never go back to a gasser, absolutely love it!!
Beautiful truck turbo. You did a grest job on that one. What's the work rig look like if you're personal looks like that lol.
Mama and me went to a 'Garage' sale! This is her daily driver...we got two buckets in there.
Mark13 - is that horse hay on that trailer? can you bring me a huge trailer load?
Thanks bud. the ole work truck is not as glamorous , lol.
Some pictures of my '06 Duramax, my first diesel not sure what kind of chip it's got but it's got lots of power, our '83 Triple E fifth wheel camper on our way west to Alberta and British Columbia last year, got a little over 300,000km on the odometer in the Duramax and so far have been pleased with it. And also my 2009 Chevy Colorado 4x4 first vehicle I ever bought brand new (and probably the last) with about 195,000km on the odometer pictured near Nordegg, AB on the Forestry Trunk Road on the Canada Day Long Weekend. And my 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. that I traded for an Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail last year. The Sportsman was a fantastic machine and I kinda regret trading it in....
That was for dairy cattle but I'm sure your horses would eat it too! For the right price I can deliver a load anywhere for ya.
Here is one that I don't often drive, I am usually way to dirty! The first was at an old house I was about to demo.
Well My rig is a 2009 Silverado WT with a 5.3, but you asked Whats your personal rig... Ok, A 1926T Pickup with a Silverado 5.3, Turbo 350 trans and an S-10 Rear. At The Duluth/Superior Entry on Lake Superior.
My personal rig? Unfortunately living in the UK means running a big truck just isn't economical, and with being a family man, I run an estate car.......all be it a damn quick estate car.
Not an estate but something similar ....... some might say better ..... best mile-munching tool I've ever driven.
nice 20v Quattro, all that French wiring around it could be upsetting it though! I do love the sound of the 5cyl on full tilt, wish I had bought an s2 a couple of years ago, there going back up again in price now currently looking for a 2.3 20v cabby or coupe to do a charity rally in next year, needs to be cheap though, as its a banger rally. last years car raised £1000 for a local hospice, hand painted the whole thing, whole car and paint etc came in at £450 drove from north notts to Barcelona over three days then 24hrs back to north notts
North Notts..? Where exactly..? I grew up not far from that neck of the woods ...........
Little town called Retford
Spent many a happy hour as a kid sitting on the station wall at Retford watching trains go by ......... I grew up in North Derbys in a little village called Clowne.
My cousin lived just outside creswell, so used to spend time in your neck of the woods as a kid too
Small world eh..? Part of my family comes from Cresswell, miners (well ex-miners now) the lot of 'em.....
..just isn't economical... he says... Thats an RS4... not exactly a 50 to the gallon oil burner!!! awesome motor for sure! Had a 1.8T A4 estate back in the uk a good few years ago... my last car/truck in the UK was my old '02 Ford Ranger. wicked little truck, good on fuel, comfy, quiet... Now have a '98 crew cab chevy 3500 long box 6.5 diesel and an 01 ext cab dodge ram 3500 long box dually. (trailer towing duty)
Current truck is a 2008 GMC 2500hd 6.0 gas burner towing my rock buggy. Am starting to collect parts to build a low profile minimal trailer for the buggy.
2015 chevrolet LTZ Z71 crew cab 4X4 duramax diesel. Loaded with every option except a sun roof , their got chicks....Love the truck ! 400 HP and 800 FT pounds of asphalt eating torque .....plus it's averaging 20 plus miles per gallon...
PA, did you ever get the 314 you had on order? I never saw the follow up.. Good looking new truck. Chevy's have always looked good to me. Love the rock buggy. You're having all the fun! The one's I follow up in Tennessee are incredible. Glad they've evolved into rock racing instead of just crawling.
Thanks Fastdirt..... We did get the two new 314's. they have been earning their keep all Summer. 6 days a week. We also pickup up a 314 C blade runner at the same time. The guys love the new machines. Very quiet, great on fuel and loaded with power. Cockpits are nice but smaller than I am used too. I don't have any photos of the new 314's but will soon as they will be coming out of the woods in a month or so with deer season coming. I have learned over the years that if hunters do not see any deer they have little trouble putting a few holes in a CAT....here is a picture of the 314C my buddy took after I finished doing one of those quick and easy jobs everyone of your friends always have ! I really like these little blade runners, very handy units with the blades.
Well heck yeah!! I can't remember where you had that 314 thread. I was really wanting see them working. Great machines. Glad to hear it. Saw the FMF in the background :thumbsup
FMF, Flying Machine factory ! We ride GNCC and local hare scramble and some vintage MX. You ride Fastdirt ? Unadilla rewind, me on my 1974 Husky Mag.
Absolutely I ride.... have you already forgotten our conversation when talking about the L9000. I'm a dirt biker for life but mainly a woods guy. Raced many GNCC races. First one I ever went to was Burr Oaks in Ohio 1999 and I was hooked. Raced the Ironman but mostly the southeast races. Also race SORCS and SETRA and raced the 24hr race. Love the grand prix racing and they have been picking up down here with this new GP series. I've seen the vintage GP's racing and some of the guys go really fast on those bikes. Good times on a dirt bike and it keeps you alive and young and it's only fun if you're in shape. My current old KTM's.. Sold the late models I had because I wasn't racing and got caught up in work. So bought an 08 250. Then I found the 4 stroke I sold years back after winning the SORCS 4 stroke B on it. Saw it for sale a month ago on CL and bought it. It then blew up on me when I got it home in less than 100 yds. The most recent late models I had and sold. Had a 500 EXC then traded it for a 950 Super Enduro both pictured at the swap. Lot's of fun dual sporting but the street feeling didn't sit well with me.
I did forget and then I remembered again.....My head is like scrambled eggs these days....
My '95 Dodge.That is a D8H there.Ron G
2004 f-450 4x4 6spd. Pulled the 6.0 stuffed 01 24valve cummins with some mods which include twin turbo's. Around 550hp i guessin. Custom built aluminum bed and nerf bars. And 5" lift. Not always shiney. Seems impossible on the farm and back roads
That's cool RyanL!
Here is one of my son's rigs!
Yes Sir Mr RyanL That is just wicked! ...twins... Hmmmmm
My land and sea rigs. 2005 GMC sierra and a 2005 Bayliner 242.
05 must have been a good year
Some awesome vehicles in here! Love your truck RyanL, making me feel bad about my DMax!
My 07 f250 6.0 with weather guard drag up tank and toolbox with 195,000
PA that's a good looking ride!!!
Nice rig, JP! Does your truck have a lift kit?
My pig is a 97 Dodge 2500, 12v, 4x4. 640000km and runs like a clock. Dumped the auto(s) at 590000 and stuck in a NV5600. With the 3.55 gears and 235/85 rubber I can touch 30mpg on flat hwy. Rusty but trusty, just plain and practical. You couldn't pay me enough to own one of these new shiny plastic trucks I see in the cities (no offense to anyone). I use pickups for what (I believe) they were made for, and that's not to look cool getting groceries!! Plus if your charging system quits, you won't get a high tech electronic engine to run with bailing twine and a push start!!
Nice rig. Any info about your lift? I'm also planning to make my own nerf bars for my truck.
Speaking of Cummins this is my 84 GMC one ton that I swapped a 94 12 valve into, NV4500 5 speed, gear vendor overdrive, Jacobs exhaust brake. The General built it, I fixed it!
Did you beef up the front of the frame? I've had a few of these trucks from stock to 10" lift and 38" rubber, cracked/broke the frames behind the steering box on them all, last one had the 10" lift, 85 K30, I put crossover steering, and plated the front of frame, was a totally different animal! I beat the snot out of it for years and never had an issue with the frame again. Wanted to swap a 12v set up just like you did, but plans changed and sold the truck along with my hoard of parts...
http://chevymotormounts.us/rob_bonn...bt_cummins_conversion_frame_boxing_sets_6.htm I bought the cross member from this guy to use the 2nd Gen motor mounts and it worked great, it wasn't cracked but I did beef up the frame around the steering box also. I didn't box the frame like he does, this truck isn't for wheeling but it does get used hard. I love these square bodies, plan on keeping it forever. This is the fourth one I have owned and the first one worth doing this to.
The 84 Dodge I owned 23 years sold it 2 1/2 years ago. Drive a 06 Ranger now. And my 07 350Z Truck Shop
lift on front is 5" lift for a f-350. then i made 5" blocks for rear. the aluminum nerf bars snd bed was custom built before i bought truck.