Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a little assistance with a Fiat Allis FR15B.

Jbran ยท 2024-10-04 21:37

Hello I'm need some assistance with a Fiat Allis FR15B that's having some issues with the transmission. Here is a picture of the plate on the Transmission that my uncle sent me. Spoiler: Plate Sorry the picture is not the greatest. If someone could tell me what transmission it is and if someone had a manual for it with wiring diagrams (quite a few wires that are broken off) that'd be great. Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Replies4
  1. #1Bigbert2024-10-05 05:49

    See conversation. 4WG180 is pretty much similar to 4WG200 apart from bigger clutches

  2. #2Jbran2024-11-17 22:57

    Finally had some time to go over to help my uncle work on his friend's FR15B and found out more about what is going on with it. So a little bit of an info dump. From what I've been told, the loader doesn't move, whether its in forward or reverse and doesn't which gear it is in. The last time it did move I was told if it was shifted into 3rd gear it would blow a fuse that's near the steering wheel. Didn't think to take a pic of that. More wires than I thought, all over the place, that have either broke or been cut, not by me or my uncle. I did a continuity test on the controller to see if there was an issue with that. From what I could tell terminals worked as they should in each of the positions and gears based on a solenoid chart I had found. Spoiler: Picture of Controller Spoiler: Solenoid Chart We used a Test Light on what my uncle was referring to as coils, didn't think to take a pic of them. Then we went through Forward, every gear; Reverse, every gear; Neutral, every gear. With the Test Light. From what I could tell, the wrong coils are activating, and the bottom most coil never activated at all. So the more I've learned, the less I know. My uncle and I have really no idea what direction to go in next and what to check. My uncle has quite a bit of mechanical experience with cars/trucks and tractors, but not so much experience with heavy equipment. I'm certain some of y'all know how it goes when you know some bit of mechanics, always got some family and friends asking ya to work on something, even when its out of your "niche". And I'm just his apprentice I guess you could say, so I'm still just in the trying to pick up as much knowledge as I can phase. So any assistance would be appreciated. Even if its as simple as saying head north, haha. Thanks for your time and have wonderful day.

  3. #3Bigbert2024-11-18 02:37

    This is the electric diagram out ZF brochure. I did not (yet) compare with yours.

  4. #4Vetech632024-11-18 07:42

    One thing I'm not seeing is the diagram of the transmission control valve that marks the name and location of each solenoid. Each gear in forward and reverse will require a signal to one or mor specific solenoids to create that gear ratio. If you don't know which solenoid is M1, M2, etc.........it's going to be impossible to troubleshoot properly. You will also need to verify the CCO and make sure that doesn't have the transmission overriding your control signals and having the transmission in neutral. It's actually a simple system if you understand how they work.