I just came across this site as I was researching how to install an aftermarket cab heater in my 2005 John Deere 317. Specifically, I need to know exacly where to tie into the engine for the coolant supply to feed my heater core? If you have any pics that would be very helpful along with exact specs on the parts needed to tie in. I have everything wired and the heater hoses run back to the engine compartment, so I hope you guys can shed some light on the rest as my dealer has no idea and does not have one on their lot that I can look at for a reference. Thanks in advance.
Is it a Maradyne cab heater? If so Maradyne sells a Heater installation kit that has the clamp, shut off valve, and return coupling.
It is the Maradyne kit, just did not come with the install kit (long story). I can buy the install kit but I am still not sure where it taps into the motor, can you shed any light on that or better yet, do you have any photo's??? I think I located the spot on the side of the water pump (lower bottom right side when looking at it from the battery side), there is a petcock there, but I am stumped as to where the return line goes?
I am a Translectric Dist so I will call and see if they have anything that can help. You can call Rick at Maradyne 216-265-8006 he is extention 132, He will help you with all the pertinate info for installation. This is the best I can do, If they ask tell them you bought the unit from SVI International so they know you bought it from a dist they want to help. Thank you
Thanks for the advice, I will follow-up with them today. In looking at the block I have found a couple of spots where there are plugs which have sensors mounted, so I would imagine I could always put in a "T" there for the return line. My other thought was to dump the return line into one of the main radiator hoses by putting in a "T" and using the appropriate reducers.
Let me know how you ge ton with this project, If you are still having issues I will get you the information needed to finish the job.
Thanks again for all of the great advice, I got the heater all plumbed-in and working this weekend. I will take a few pics later this week and try to post them for anyone else who may venture down this path. Thanks again.
Glad to hear it. Next time give me a chance to beat the price you paid... LOL
HAHA.....if you want to send me a check in the amount of 1 cent or more, you will have beaten the price!!! Granted , I would gladly accept a blank check as well! Thanks again.