hello, anybody heard of this. I recently got a cat 2010 279c track skid steer, had a few things to fix like anything used, I changed out the cab lift shocks and after that the displays and gauges don't work, the machine operates fine (unsure if it goes into rabbit mode) but starts, hit the brake off as normal and all works, lift, move, backup alarm, lights, horn, fan etc. I checked the fuses, even the six behind the cab and all seem good? any ideas? again the unit is a cat 279c 2010, ser MBT01017, any help would be great, thanks
The panels have been known to fail. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure the panel is getting power. Get into the 12-pin connector on the back side of the panel. There should be permanent 12V between Pins 1 & 2, and switched 12v between Pins 8 & 2 when the key switch is ON. Also if you do not have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it I suggest you should try to get hold of one ASAP. The Cat Publication reference is SEBU8407. Here's one on eBay
Thanks Nige, I will persue that direction