Is there a calculator out there ...or a simple formula for estimating the safe working load for lifting items with a Skid loader w/o tippng it over? I may need to do some lifting using a boom. What i want to figure out is, if my boom is x' long, how much can I lift? S/S is an 1845C (Case). The specs show a tipping load of appx 3,500 lbs. Don't think I'll come very close to this, but rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for your help.
The ROC (rated operating capacity) of that machine is 1750. So that is where you have to start from. As to how much you can lift at a certain distance from the machine, while there is likely a method used to determine that, there are a lot of variables like traveling up hill or down hill and traveling over uneven ground. The quality of the tires and the amount of air in them affects how the machine handles heavy loads. Many people over the years have fashioned counterweights for 1845C machines using tractor counterweights and Weider type barbell weights if you need more capacity. I would start slow and see how the machine handles the boom with the weight and go from there.