Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help; Can’t find Case 450 serial #

fitchetm ยท 2020-03-23 10:54

Hello, Hoping you guys can help. Recently purchased a 72 or 73 Case 450 dozer. I need to order the service manual and operator manual but the serial plate on the dozer is gone. Is there anywhere else I can find the serial number on the dozer? When I look at manuals online, they say serial number XXXX to XXXX.. so I want to make sure I am ordering the correct manauls. Thanks,

Replies8
  1. #1alrman2020-03-23 17:25

    Welcome to HEF @fitchetm If you remove the engine side covers & clean the chassis rails it should be stamped there - I can't recall which side though......

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2020-03-23 19:30

    The serial number should be on left frame rail near radiator.

  3. #3fitchetm2020-03-23 23:40

    Thank you, I will take a look the next time I'm near the dozer and I'll let you guys know what I find.

  4. #4fitchetm2020-03-24 21:05

    Found it this morning; S/N: 3039086... makes her a 68' model. Can you guys recommend a good downloadable PARTS manual website? I found the service and operators manuals at www.emanualonline.com but the website did not have a parts manual. Looking elsewhere, I'm seeing some pretty high prices for it.

  5. #5alrman2020-03-25 00:04

    CNH have an online parts manual for every machine they have made - CLICK HERE You will need your serial number, just enter the machine model & hit enter

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-03-25 09:08

    Here is a link to your 450 parts. If you look at the bottom of the page where it says page #1 there is a little grid icon. Clicking on it will change the view from a list of parts to a thumbnail view. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...c3ebae1582687a&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr3487082

  7. #7fitchetm2020-03-25 15:35

    Awesome.. those sites are perfect.. Thank You! But, now this leads me to another issue, what is the best way to find alternate part numbers for the filters. I don't want to break the bank on OEM filters; but I need to probably replace all of them. What's the best method for finding alternative brands/pn's?

  8. #8alrman2020-03-25 16:10

    Every filter maker has a website with a cross reference ability - just enter the CNH part number. The older machine part numbers will be 99.99% recognised.