Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help deciding d5n or d6n???

Jasexc ยท 2014-02-10 22:40

Im needing a little help deciding which dozer would suit my needs better. I have ran several dozers but im primarly used to a 955l and a 953c so i am newer on the pat dozers. Mainly im wanting to build terraces, water ways and water diversions, various grade work, maybe a little brush pushing (usually use excavator for my main brush stacking and will continue), and possibly some winching (stuck farm equipment and a little oilfield work maybe. I know most of you will say go the 6 but i wonder if i really need it especially for the extra money. Thanks for any help in my decision

Replies3
  1. #1lbrecht2014-02-10 23:36

    nothing to compare the 6 will run circles around 5

  2. #2Tinkerer2014-02-11 08:24

    Go with the 6N, you will never regret it. If you can, rent or somehow get on and run both models. As soon as you run the second one you get on you will know in heartbeat which is best for your situation.

  3. #3CM19952014-02-11 09:07

    My vote is 6N as well. You can get diff. steering on a 6N which I don't think was an option on the 5N. I prefer diff steering over fingertip any day. I never really understood the 5N model as a D5G is so close in capability and much cheaper to own and operate. If a 5N is what your leaning towards, I would consider a 5G if $$ is the deciding factor. However, only you know the conditions you will be operating in and what you need.