Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Welding ice lugs to undercarriage – broken pads

Jsantiago ยท 2014-02-10 21:39

Regards , have any of you had any experience on welding ice lugs to undercarriage and an increase in broken pads rate? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1ANDREW C2014-02-10 21:55

    The lugs usually break before the pad ever will. Best thing in the winter.

  2. #2pf/l2014-02-11 20:30

    Lugs will wear down or possibly brake. Not as likeley if they're welded properly but can happen. Pads from what I've seen suffer no ill fate. Even with them on our hoe I can slid it around like it's on skates though. My Cat has them as well although most have worn down. They make for a god awful rough ride going slow on hard ground though. Ryan

  3. #3drillmyk2014-02-11 20:36

    Have been welding them on for years with no problems ,just keep them close as possible to the center of the pad. I will somtimes stagger them slightly for more traction