here's the deal, I am sick and tired of my toolcat and the two offers the dealer has on the table right now are.... a 2000 hour T200 with C/H/A and hand/foot controlls, needs one track and the machine appears to have a bent boom....the right side is 2"lower than the left and when u raise the boom it actually hits the cab on the way up..$1,000 difference the other machine is, a '05 T190 with 580 hours, it has Joystick controlls, C/H/A, and BobTach.....$2,000 difference. Im not a BobCat guy, everything else I own is Caterpillar so the T190 with the joystick controlls is apealing to me, but the machine is a little smaller so....i dunno Whats your input. Pj
I don't know that I'd want to buy one that has a bent boom on it, that just means something about the boom is now stressed. I've worked on enough bent/broken Bobcat boom. When you say the T190 is "a little smaller", that's little matter. The appropriate question would be is it too small to do the work you need to do. They are both good machines, bent boom not withstanding, but have you owned Bobcats previously? Drive motors for both those machines are expensive. Any problems/changes to pedal/joystick control systems require calibration. All this is to say that Bobcats are good machines, but they are very different from Cat in design and support structure. If you have a good local dealer, that's a good thing.
skidsteer Well ATCO can surely tell you how to fix the boom. Seems like Im hearing alot about Bobcats and bent booms. Unless the seller would replace the boom, I probably would stay away from it. Kinda sounds like it has been abused I learned on joy sticks and those foot controls are slow for me to get used to and they are tough on the legs and ankles. If you get this one sounds like you will have to put a bunch of money in it. I just dont like Bobcats and there are alot of them out there. All I have ever owned are Case and Takeuchi, I really put them in some tough jobs and they are bought running strong with about 7000 hrs on them. I never replaced any major part and I bought them used. Of course I replaced tires on the Case 1840 and tracks on the Tak 130. If I were to buy a new one it would be a Takeuchi 140-150 they are tough machines Good luck on your decision
that's the thing, the 200 is from a dealer that is a personal freind of mine....thats the only reason I'm even considering it, but when it's all said and done it is still a $12-13k machine and he wants a $1,000 differ.... the T190 is probably a $23-25k machine and they want $2k....from a dealer I have never delt with before. Thanks for the input so far, And I think I am going to go with the T-190....will know later today I suppose Pj
if those are your only options you're looking at, kinda seems like the 190 is a no-brainer.
The T-190 in my opinion is overweight and underpowered. If its light duty type of work then maybe, but if you plan on working it I would look at something else. Neither of these seems like a good option.
I dunno, the T-190 sounds like the better deal but will it do what you want it to? Otherwise keep shopping. A T-200 is a really nice size machine but with the hours that one has on it if somone else didn't dump a bunch of money in it you'll be the one replacing all of the high dollar stuff.