HI, I bought a 1984 International and I'm trying to figure out my truck's specs based on the vin # ( I called a local International Truck dealer but they told me since my truck was so old it was not in their computer system and they seemed reluctant to do anything using paper. Anyways , the last 8 of my vin (what I was told was needed to figure stuff out) is : EHA58873 Can anybody please help me based on that info ? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Andrew
It's there they just don't want to spend the time unless it's connected to a parts sale. That's how parts sales counters are managed these days, if time spent looking some money needs to change hands. It's not about customer service anymore, they don't really care about that aspect, it's more like { a penny pinched or scammed is--------- a penny pinched or scammed- not earned by going the extra}.
What sort of specs are you looking for? You can figure out a lot of things axle/transmission/ engine wise, if theres still readable tags on it. Which may not be the case with a 1984.
Can you post the full seventeen characters. The last eight don't work.
It's VIN. Or VI # if you want to say number. I actually just fired an insurance company that insisted it was "VIN #". Too dumb for that, I'm obviously not going to trust with my insurance! "It's what people say"... so instead of holding yourself at a standard, you're fine lowering the bar to accommodate the incorrect?
And---Mass Exodus, exodus means mass so a Mass Exodus is a mass masss.
Our local International dealer was really helpful about giving us the "line set tickets" for both our trucks: a 1999 9200, and a 1989 2574 (tandem dump). No charge or fee. We are just a 'ma & pa' outfit with old trucks and yet they took the time, not always the case these days.... All sorts of useful info, also can determine if original engine based on serial number....
I ran a 2574 for a few years. 300 Big Cam and 9 speed. Double frame, rubber block "suspension"
Ours is mainly a site truck, L10, 8ll, double frame, twin steering boxes, walking beams (spring). Rears are 5.38 so is geared nice and low for off road use...Would like to get it through inspection at some point but a bit concerned as some rust jacking on double frame.. Regarding the line set ticket; this is the first page of what our dealer (Dawson International) supplied.