Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help identifying this truck. It seems to be FAUN, but I couldn’t find the exact model

karimelgaby · 2024-10-11 10:03
Replies10
  1. #1Coaldust2024-10-11 12:13

    Maybe the HZ40. Now, that’s a name I haven’t seen mentioned in a long time. Our global members will be along shortly to provide a detailed history of Faun.

  2. #2Vetech632024-10-11 13:16

    I saw 2 fauns with their mom 2 days ago.

  3. #3Truck Shop2024-10-11 18:44

    Jut another odd truck, like all trucks, especially this months special---International Harvester is October's odd truck, Halloween truck. To make it feel at home stack some pumpkins on the hood and lean some corn stocks against the cab with a scarecrow in the drivers seat.

  4. #4karimelgaby2024-10-12 08:53

    Sadly that's not it. There's this shield logo on the grille which could also belong to any other company, but it's hard to find which.

  5. #5cuttin edge2024-10-12 14:52
  6. #6karimelgaby2024-10-13 12:22

    So I guess it could be Faun. The closest model I could find that resembles the appearance is the Faun L 912/45 A with a few differences.

  7. #7cuttin edge2024-10-13 13:58

    Truth be told, I've never heard of the brand, I just put this up for comparison. What was the other brand you were thinking of?

  8. #8karimelgaby2024-10-13 15:03

    I'm not sure to be honest. I couldn't find any other brands that match the logo on the grille. I found a German vintage truck forum that had trucks with a similar design and I wanted to try posting there, but was denied access for some reason.

  9. #9Welder Dave2024-10-13 22:03

    I think it's highly unlikely another brand would have such a similar logo. I think it would be copyright infringement.

  10. #10karimelgaby2024-10-14 01:55

    You're right. It is most likely Faun then. Just the question is which model.