Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help to identify model of this old FORD skidsteer

rlorenzen ยท 2008-12-31 13:52

I have 5 pix and need help identifying the model number or type of this older FORD skid steer. Thanks for any help you can give us. Side: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/3153080737_0d416a5321_o.jpg Front quarter: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/3153080625_182e694888_o.jpg Rear quarter: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/3153917050_fa4306a6cc_o.jpg front: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/3153916852_bd32e50aa0_o.jpg Engine: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/3153916948_8d63172d66_o.jpg

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2008-12-31 14:41

    I don't think it is a Ford. I think it is one of the orginal Uniloaders. The hand controls are surely Uniloader. If I am right it is likely a 1530 made from 69-71. I am about 90% sure it is an orginal Uniloader. They were bought out in 68 by CASE. This model may predate the CASE purchase of the company. I am unable to find any information on the old Universal Loader company.

  2. #2rlorenzen2008-12-31 15:46

    Ah. It has a Ford engine in it. Thanks for the tips. A quick check of photos online says it probably is a Case (or pre-Case), however there are so few pix online with that vintage and I haven't been able to positively ID it. Thanks. I guess I'll repost the thread so it says "CASE or pre-CASE uniloader". Maybe someone will know something, or have an old manual with photos in it. If I can pinpoint the model, then I can buy a manual for it. But at $30-100 per manual, I don't want to just buy up a bunch of them. Thread to continue at this link: :deadhorse