Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with a/c comp. belt removal on t320

T320FL ยท 2015-09-16 14:26

Having a heck of a time replacing my alternator belt. The ac compressor belt has to come off first which is my only holdup. I loosened the top mounting bolt but the bottom bolt is unreachable for me. Is there a trick to doing this? I've replaced belts on machinery for years but this has me stumped. It's a 2009 Bobcat T320.

Replies9
  1. #1crewchief8882015-09-16 19:47

    i typically come in from the left side of the machine, (through the screen) with a L O N G extension and impact wobble socket to loosen the pivot bolt. cant remember if the bolt head is 17, 18 or 19 mm :beatsme :drinkup

  2. #2T320FL2015-09-16 20:25

    Thanks, crewchief888. It is a 17mm bolt on the top side of comp. It would take about a 3ft extension to reach across from the left side. You did give me an idea though, maybe the small bellypan on the right side will give access to the bolt. I will try that tomorrow. Any others willy59 at atco?

  3. #3lantraxco2015-09-16 21:02

    I always have at least three feet each of 3/8 and 1/2 drive extensions on hand, just keep plugging them together, with a swivel or a swivel socket on the end, usually for the top bolts in transmission housings where they meet the flywheel, or some of the newer starters.

  4. #4T320FL2015-09-17 18:46

    I can't see a long extension reaching across the width of the motor working on my machine. I tried that and also tried the 3/8" universal joints on a ratchet wrench coming in from the rear on the right side. Can anyone post pics or a video of how to do a seemingly simple job?

  5. #5crewchief8882015-09-18 16:40

    yep it takes 3ft or so of extension. i think you are looking at a 4"X 4" access plate, all you'll see is the bottom of the fuel tank :drinkup

  6. #6willie592015-09-18 20:19

    Lots and lots and lots and lots of swear words. :yup

  7. #7T320FL2015-09-18 20:23

    You are right about the small belly pan. Where is the "screen"? I have a high flow system and sjc control valve under the motor to add to the obstacles. If I can't get it this weekend the Bobcat dealer said they would do it for about $100 in labor.

  8. #8T320FL2015-09-18 20:25

    OH yea, been doing that for several days. A few beverages were also consumed.

  9. #963 caveman2018-07-19 16:32

    I know this is old thread but someone else may find it and need help, so here goes! Loosen alt belt first (13mm on bottom only). The compressor top bolt 17mm can be reached from top between engine and cab with a 17mm open end long handle makes it nice (you have to keep flipping wrench 1/12 the at a crack. Stick pry bar in between bracket and bolt ear to get slack in compressor belt, it is tight but will work off. Work off old alt belt and on with the new. You should be good from here. BTW the alt belt is 52" Continental 15521 worked good for me. I will also change them for $50 any time!