Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with a MACK

Reel hip ยท 2013-02-22 16:21

In California we are regulated to death. I have a buddy that just got a citation from the California air resources board (CARB) for not having a label on his motor. It lists the year it was built (1998) and specific information regarding the EPA. He has gone to the dealer but they cannot help him. They said the motor was a renault and was made in france. At this point it is a $300.00 ticket. This will grow in 30 days. to $600.00. Unfourtnitly if he cannot get the label they will shut the truck down and we will not be able to run it EVER! Thanks California!!!! Any body have any contacts at all to help him? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #102Dmax2013-02-22 16:26

    I'd check with a different dealer. If the dealer really can't get one I'd call CARB and say "hey, I got this ticket and my dealer can't get me one, where do I get one?" I don't envy you guys out there one bit.