Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with a manitowoc 3500

buckfever · 2019-05-28 19:44

i need some help with a 1956 manitowoc 3500 we just bought. I want to tear it down to move but I’m not sure on the weights of all the parts. I’d like to just pull the boom and counterweights off it and move it on a beam. If anyone has any old books on these and could give me a idea of what these parts weight I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies1
  1. #1Junkyard2019-05-28 21:46

    Here’s a link to non-current stuff. Doesn’t show 3500 but I bet you can find one close to it. How far are you moving it? More than anything that’ll determine how far you break it down. I’ve moved quite a few 3900’s and 4100’s. We pulled the tracks and had a turntable to swing the carbody to get the width down to a manageable dimension. https://www.manitowoccranes.com/en/cranes/manitowoc/Manitowoc-product-literature/archive