Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Info on Terex S7

malcolm2 ยท 2010-10-11 15:08

I just purchased a Terex S7 to do some earthmoving on my acreage. It had a self loader but was removed. Has sliding floor and sliding back wall. I have a few questions as this machine is new(?) to me. 1. It does run but takes alot of starting fluid from a cold start. Did the 471 come with glow plugs or some other starting aid? If glow plugs, where would they be? 2. I have found the motor stop control as part of the throttle/governor linkage. What makes the stop move past the detent? As it stands I have to stand beside the engine and use the air shut off valve to kill the engine. Is this ok for the engine? 3. Controls on panel are not labelled. What is the on/off switch on the top right side of the panel directly above the starter switch? What is the on/off switch directly to the left of the starter switch? What is the on/off near the left bottom of the panel? 4. I am looking for a source for a wiring diagram. Two wires in the engine compartment are disconnected. Both originate under the dash and come very close to the starter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Trakwork2010-10-11 17:51

    suggest you start here:.... http://cgi.ebay.com/Terex-1979-S7-T...90953?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item5ad82ea029

  2. #2Diagonal Brace2010-10-11 21:37

    Just quickly Detroits do not use glow plugs and it is hard on the blowers seals to use the air shutoff to stop them. Starting fluid is normal in cooler temps and as long as the engine is receiving fuel (smoking) it shouldnt do any harm. Just make sure the engine is cranking before giving it a squirt. Should have a fuel shutoff seperate from the throttle. Someone else should be able to help you with your specific S7 questions.

  3. #3stinkycat2010-10-11 22:51

    Going back many years I think you pull throttle petal back to shut down the engine, someone made a ether spray system that mounted on the fire wall all in all ether is bad but what else is their? If I remember right the old Graymarine (Detroit Diesels) engines had glow plugs on the blower inlet