Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need large convex mirror, any sources?

Speedpup ยท 2009-05-01 19:05

I was looking for a convex mirror for my Lulls. Biggest I seem to find is the standard 8-1/2" truck equipment type. I was hoping there was a 12" mirror I could mount. Tried google without much luck except interior type large convex mirrors. Thanks for any tips!:drinkup

Replies7
  1. #1Truckie2009-05-01 20:07

    Try the local CAT shop or Link Belt/ Liebherr dealer. I know the Liebherr and Link belt both have some nice spot mirrors. I believe they are something like 6 X 12. Hope this helps.

  2. #2trucker12009-05-01 20:28

    Try www.mcmaster.com look under safety equipment, bet you can find something large like they would use in an industrial factory. George

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2009-05-01 20:41

    Try E-bay. You can find almost anything there for sale. Try this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Mirror-Lite-Hea...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:2|294:50 Many more here: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Mo..._sacatZ6000QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282?_rdc=1

  4. #4gmads012009-05-01 22:50

    I second E-bay as a resource. Also look at these large excavator style mirrors - http://cgi.ebay.com/Komatsu-Excavat...ms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

  5. #5willie592009-05-01 23:40

    ACME Specialty Mfg make mirrors out the wazoo, maybe you could get some ideas here http://www.acmespecialty.com/newsite.htm . I like the rectangular convex mirrors on a telehandler forklift.

  6. #6Speedpup2009-05-02 06:10

    Thanks guys! I found some 10.5" convex mirrors at Ryder truck parts site. I also ask about the size of the excavator mirrors.:drinkup

  7. #7Speedpup2009-05-02 06:13

    13" x 18" looks great too. Guess I'll try one of those too. Thanks!