Do any of you parts guys or wrench benders know where I can find a replacement lever handle parking brake valve like this Wabco valve out of a Bell B25C.
Atco does that valve have 3 positions and i am assumming its air operated?Looks like terex Ta30 park valve or old CAT/DJB.
mico brake Atco Check out Mico @ mico.com they may have something that will work for you. Tom
Atco that looks close to the parking brake valve on a Volvo.Did Deere and Hitachi change this valve because thats who has Bell now.
Just a two position valve. Air supply port, delivery port, and exhaust port out the bottom. Simply sends air to spring brake chamber on driveline disk brake. Yes, Deere is connected to Bell. What the arrangment actually is; Bell makes the Deere artic truck. This particular B25C we have seems to be an odd bird, everytime local Deere dealer tries to look up parts for this unit we keep coming up with the wrong parts, have to really dig in the parts pages to find correct parts for this unit, I have no idea why that is. The valve that the parts diagrams show is similar to this one, but has banjo bolt hose connections, where this valve is M14 straight thread connections to JIC adapters. The new valve may work, I don't know, I would just like to get lucky and find a direct replacement. Simply and easy ya know.
Yea I know it would be easy but seems all the new and improved updates are not easy.If you knew some of the origenal Bell Dealers they might have it and want to dump it cheap.
Cheap? Yeah, that would be nice for a change. This past week I worked on the parking brake, it wouldn't hold the vehicle. Figured out something was awry in the spring brake chamber. Here's the good part...Deere wanted $495.00 for that spring brake chamber, not joking. Went to Truck Pro and got a plain ole 30/30 brake chamber, fit perfect, for about $40 bucks.
The sad part of that is some outside vendor made it for John Deere ...Oh and guess what Truck Pro made money too ...makes you think sometimes of how inflated things are ..
Hey Atco I dont know if there's any really good heavy truck parts supply places around your area but a lot of times if air valves and chambers went bad on our equipment we'd make a run to a TruckPride or similar stores. If it's got the Wabco number on it they'll probably be able to match it up.
Yep, we have Fleetpride and Truck Pro here, I planned on contacting them this week. I was just hoping someone might recognize this thing and recommend a replacement. Truck Pro or Fleetpride is most likely going to have parking brake valves for the trucking industry, which are typically push/pull knob type valves. This valve is more suited to off road vehicle operations. But one thing they likely can do is hook me up with someone in the air valve industry that could recommend or provide a replacement.
Well if all else fails just put a block of wood in the cab.Label it Parking Brake.
Mr. Atco, Wondering if you came up with this valve, and where. For future reference... Thanks
Well, there may be one on a shelf of some parts supplier or equipment dealer somewhere on the big piece of ground we live on, but I called Arvin Meritor (who owns Wabco) tech support, they said the part number is good, but haven't had one in the system for over 5 years. Working on plan B right now.
I know Bosch-Rexroth bought some of the Wabco stuff, I think mainly the air throttle pieces. I looked through all my Meritor cats. and didn't see it. Good luck, Thank you sir..
I can find these valves in Europe and Australia. China even makes new aftermarket replacement, ummm, no, don't want that. lol. It just seems the valve is not in the states. Going to try and fit a more common valve.