Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need muffler and air intake for International 3400A

pie ยท 2013-06-07 21:49

Novice just got this machine recently for my retirement farm. Everything works except the power steering. I'm changing filters and cleaning up. Good news is no leaks on engine or hydraulics. First off, I'm just looking for a muffler (under hood) and also a black plastic air intake that extends out over the radiator top. Would deleting the muffler with a custom made pipe be bad for engine or performance? Thanks Don

Replies2
  1. #1jimg9842013-06-07 22:15

    you probably have hyd valve on the fender that switches steering / backhoe operation its a push/pull valve

  2. #2pie2013-06-08 08:17

    Power Steerinr info Thanks for the info on PS. I'll check it out once filters and fluid changed. Found a lot of trash in top strainer of filter and of course it has tan watery hyd fluid. On opposite side of transmission in bell housing I found a good sized mound of aluminum like sludge. PO has a few large galvanized pipes in underbody instead of rubber hose so maybe some of that is from them. Waiting for filters to arrive now.