Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some help on a big auger.

biggixxerjim ยท 2008-08-04 23:03

He all, just looking for someone to steer me in the right direction. I have a job comming up for a 4 acre solar panel retrofit. I need to bore about 1000 holes at 3x8', and another 300 at 2x6'. Im looking for about a 330 sized machine with a dedicated drill head for rental. Working in central NJ. thanks Guys

Replies8
  1. #1mikef872008-08-05 20:46

    I can't help you on finding a drill rig, but if your drilling in rock search for a "real" drill rig such as a Soilmec or a Bauer. Contractor here tried using a lo-drill mounted on a Cat 330 and they needed a local drilling contractor to come in with a Soilmec and bail them out.

  2. #2biggixxerjim2008-08-05 22:12

    yeah we havent dug any test holes yet, but i know the ground is made of soft to medium density red shale.... but im only familiar with the first 2-3 ft. I talked to one guy in South Jersey who said he had a hydraulic auger to go on any plumbed excavator. Think he wanted $9000 for the month for a 320, which isnt so bad. He first tried to sell me on a 311 rolleyes with the auger, which I quickly refused. Then he said he could put the same auger from the 311 on anything up to a 330 . I must have misunderstood somewhere. Ive been looking all over the internet for a dedicated "pressure digger" as they call them. Only ones for rent ore in Indiana and Texas. Not good for me in jersey. Anyone got anymore ideas??

  3. #3tulipproduct2008-08-05 22:23

    need help Hi guys, I am trying to find out where I can buy these from. My cousin wants me to find out where he can get these from and have them shipped overseas. Can anyone help me with this? Please email me at [email protected] Caterpillar Wheel Loaders Model No. CAT966C, Serial No. 76J-2164, Year : 1970, Hours : 12,703 Model No. CAT966E, Serial No. 35S02547, Year : 1988, Hours : 9341, Cabin, Bucket Model No. CAT966E, Serial No. 35S02780, Year : 1988, Hours : 8570, Cabin, Bucket Caterpillar Dozer Model No. D6H ,Serial No. TBA, Year : 1995, Hours : 4372, Canopy 1. Caterpillar Wheel Loaders Model No. CAT966C, Serial No. 76J-2164, Year : 1970, Hours : 12,703 Model No. CAT966E, Serial No. 35S02547, Year : 1988, Hours : 9341, Cabin 2. Model No. CAT966E, Serial No. 35S02780, Year : 1988, Hours : 8570, Cabin, Bucket 3. Model No. D85A-12, Serial No. 19296, Year : 1977, Hours : 9910 4. Model No. D85A-12, Serial No. 21001, Year : 1978, Hours : 8870

  4. #4biggixxerjim2008-08-06 20:00

    what the hell??

  5. #5stumpjumper832008-08-06 21:38

    Why not equip two skid steers with high flow hydraulics with auger bits, one with a standard bit, and the second with an extended bit tipped with carbide? Maybe you could attach two bit together to make the deep ones easier. My guess is that two skid steers with augers might be cheaper and a whole lot more available to rent than a 330 with a speciality auger head. mounting the second auger on a backhow might be a bit handier and still be available. But all this is arm chair commando directions without having seen the site.

  6. #6biggixxerjim2008-08-06 21:50

    I think I found my answer: http://www.erricksonequipment.com/F...dation Drill Descriptions/LoDril LLMHT-40.htm

  7. #7hoeman6002008-08-06 22:21

    that ul sure work. we will want picts ya know. good luck bigixx JIM

  8. #8biggixxerjim2008-08-06 22:30

    ah yes, four acres of 3x8 holes will make a great photo op!!!