Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some help on finding a bucket for my Backhoe

StanF ยท 2015-06-01 16:21

I'm a new owner of a Case 680H backhoe and looking to purchase a 36" bucket. It has a Wain Roy coupler. Will any Wain Roy bucket work or is there some specifics I need to look for. Sorry if the has been ask before I did a quick search and didn't find anything. But I know next to nothing about heave equipment. If it helps here is a current picture of one of my buckets. http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/S...g.html?&_suid=1433190002141006331876197794872

Replies8
  1. #1LT-x72015-06-01 21:53

    That looks like a standard "hook style" coupler to me. More than just the WR buckets should interchange, Tag, CP, ect. Around me all the rental company's run this style coupler and they always have extra buckets they are willing to part with for the right price.

  2. #2StanF2015-06-02 11:52

    LT Thank you for the info had not thought of rental companies. Going to rent one for a week just to make sure my backhoe can dig in hard clay and rock with that big of a bucket.

  3. #3LT-x72015-06-03 16:17

    If it was me I would skip the rental and just buy if you have the cash. 3' bucket will come in very handy, my 3' bucket sees more action than any of the others.

  4. #4StanF2015-06-03 17:02

    Prices see a little high in my area for used 3' buckets. Have found two on both are asking $1000 in Arizona. What's an average price in your area LT-x7

  5. #5Peter_H2015-06-03 20:02

    Stan: I searched Craigs List for a bucket for you and I found one in California. The guy wants 300.00 for it. Its not the style connector you need, but at that price, you could do some welding and make it work. He also says he has several other buckets for sale. Just do search at Craigs List in Inland Empire, California. Just use the search words "36 inch backhoe bucket" The guys email will come up and you can contact him. If I find anything else for you, I'll message you here. Good Luck

  6. #6Peter_H2015-06-03 20:14

    Stan: When you do the search in California,,,,just use the search words "backhoe bucket". I just tried searching using "36 inch backhoe bucket" and nothing came up. But when I used just the words "backhoe bucket" a bunch of hits came up. One guy has a big one on there for 50.00

  7. #7LT-x72015-06-04 19:27

    I don't remember what I paid for my 3' bucket, I purchased all of my buckets I have now from Hertz. But honestly $1k doesn't sound too horrible for a 3' bucket if its in nice shape. Have you priced a new one yet? I would guess that's in the neighborhood of half price.

  8. #8brucelee2015-06-10 19:50

    A Wain-Roy quick disconnect will work with all buckets designed for that style quick disconnect. I have actual Wain-Roy buckets, CP buckets and a 36" Cat bucket and all connect the same. One difference is the shanks/teeth. Cat and Case use different style tooth pins. Anyway, get as new a bucket as you can find because after thousands of hours of use the bucket connections get really sloppy, which isn't good if you're doing footings. Plus, look at the pin flange for cracks and to be sure the bucket wasn't dropped on the flange. They aren't easy to bend back into shape/alignment.