Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need some knowledge on hydrostatic drive on JD skid steer

jchilcot ยท 2019-01-15 18:10

94 675b skid steer. Hydraulic fluid be forced out of side plate on front drive pump. I removed the pump and took it to a shop. They tore it down but couldnt find anything wrong with it. It got new seals and bearings and I reinstalled it. The issue remains. So could there be a relief valve stuck somewhere that would cause this to happen? Another symptom is that the neutral point is hard to find on that drive. I have studied the schematics but I dont have a complete understanding of the operation of the system.

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2019-01-15 21:38

    The plate that the pintle bearings are under?

  2. #2jchilcot2019-01-16 05:14

    Yes.

  3. #3jchilcot2019-01-16 21:33

    What would happen if the charge relief valve was stuck shut or a pressure relief valve in the drive circuit?

  4. #4mikebramel2019-01-16 22:00

    What is the case pressure when these problems are occuring

  5. #5jchilcot2019-01-16 22:17

    I don't have the equipment to check the pressures.