Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nees some advice

upnover ยท 2010-12-15 21:20

Looking at a used 246C Cat skidsteer. It sounds like a divorce sale so the price may be right although I dont know the $ figure yet. Basic CAT machine with enclosed cab with heat no air, no quick coupler, no 2 speed etc. It only has 300 hours and was used only on an acreage privately. It comes with a 10 'snow bucket, set of forks and a standard smooth bucket. What do you guys think something like this should go for and are the C series a good choice given all the other brands now coming out with new models? Any thoughts?

Replies1
  1. #1maxamillion672010-12-16 19:16

    Cat make a great machine. I have a 2002 242 Cat, it is a single speed and if I ever up grade it will be to a Cat 262 SS, 2 speed and may look at highflow hydraulic. As far as what it is worth checkl out machinerytrader.com the link is posted below. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...=1055&Manu=CATERPILLAR&Mdltxt=246C&mdlx=exact