Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat Dozer Undercarriage Option???

JCBiron ยท 2011-03-08 19:35

Guys, I don't know anything about dozers, nor do I sell them, but saw a D6 (I think it was a 6,,,didn't look big enogh to be a 7) going down the interstate on a trailer and it had a "standard" style undercarriage ,no "high drive" motor style like all other Cat's I see. Looked more like a Komatsu or Deere! When/Why did they decide to start offering this, or have they always and I just don't know jack about the dozer industry?

Replies3
  1. #1grandpa2011-03-08 19:43

    Jc... you probably saw the new D7E..... in this case the E stands for electric. It is of the conventional design.

  2. #2WV earth mover2011-03-08 19:49

    more stable than high track on hill sides,cheaper to produce and they had to compete with deere 700 .they still make high track as well for a good bit more but its much more powerful for long heavy pushing

  3. #3Lee-online2011-03-08 20:09

    D6K is a low drive. D6N D6R are high drive.