I am shopping for a new 15ft dump body, I currently have a brandon, ( I think ). Local dealer sells Beau Roc bodies, But they are made in Canada, sooo...... Tariff maybe? Any good American Bodies out there?
I see them around here a bunch, however they are nearby, might have something to do with it: Aluminum Truck Body Dump Aluminum Dump Truck Body MORE PAYLOAD East bodies have excellent “empty weight,” plus the strength and versatility to efficiently haul more than just bulk commodities. EASIER TO MAINTAIN It costs less to repair and maintain East dump bodies. Wall repairs are not noticeable because the… east-trailers.com Another: Dump Bodies - Morocco Welding SEE IMAGE GALLERY More Payload, Greater Profit! Our dump bodies are custom engineered for light duty to a heavy duty chassis. A Morocco dump body is available in HardOx Steel or aluminum–depending on your specific needs. We pay close attention to quality and the finished appearance for years of... www.moroccowelding.com Steel Dump Bodies | ITI Trailers and Truck Bodies Inc. itimfg.com Aluminum Dump Bodies | ITI Trailers and Truck Bodies Inc. itimfg.com
Check out Iroquois in Hinesburg VT.
You can have those morocco beds. Have some real somerset county pride and get a supercity or a j and j. Any how ive yet to see anything morocco made that id call impressives they sell here local for coal buckets because they make the lightest empty weight bed. And are the cheapest of the 3. Look up samco he makes a ok bed and would be more lighter on price. All 4 of these companys are 40 minutes or less from me. But personally im quite partial to a aluminum body with stainless floors do to the fact that i cant stand rusty steel beds!
Also see some of these around but i have no first hand experiance
The rusty bed issue is real here. The only person that I have seen running an aluminum body is the gravel pit where they are hauling processed material, and that is only 1 guy. I think our issue here is the rocks, we haul rocks in and out of jobsites, and load stumps and junk wood off jobsites, I would say we abuse a dump body loading it with an excavator. Thinking about it I need an AR Plated body. With a tall tailgate. The FET Tax on a new body is almost $2000, Trump could get rid of that if he was looking for something to do.
I am familiar with Iroquois, and will give them a call, I tend to stay away from purchases in VT due to the Vermont sales tax.
I simply said that I see them around here. No need for the "shooting the messenger".
I hear ya my bad i did come off abit harsh
I have owned 2 of these one with high lift gate. They are great for what you want to haul. Stampede XD/HD | Ox Dump Bodies Handle heavy duty damaging loads easily with the Stampede HD. The elliptical side design deflects blows, centers, and cleans out loads fast saving you time and money. www.oxbodies.com
I've currently got trucks with Galion and Ox Bodies beds, both seem pretty good for their given applications.
they are a good box beau roc. But I don't know what the tariffs affect. Maybe ones in stock wouldn't be affected
There are none in stock, One can be ordered, and be here in July. Acording to the dealer tariff is not in affect yet.
We have one with a Crysteel dump. Made in Minnesota maybe, I’d have to double check.
Out here Sturdy-Weld and Truck Weld are popular.
The guys here that aren't as concerned with max payload, and do lots of big rock and demo, all have 1/2 round bottom beds with high lift gates. Nobody runs aluminum beds, that is working on jobsites. You'll tear it up.
Which is common around here also, most buy a Columbia for that type. NEW 16' ELLIPTICAL DUMP BED 1/4" GAUGE SWING LIFT GATE PNEUMATIC TRUCK BODY | eBay We can make customized Dump Bodies! Dump Bed Design May Be Subject to Change! Pneumatic Door (Standard Feature). Lift Gate & Swing Gate (Standard Feature). - Pneumatic Hose & Fittings. Length: 16 ft. www.ebay.com
I have decided to order a Beau Roc, and hopefully the Tariff issue doesn't become an issue.
Place I worked for like Ox Bodies. Seemed to hold up well that I could tell. Hauling snow in the winter, asphalt, gravel, construction debris in summer.