Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New here and been reading up on a Case 580C

fishfighter ยท 2014-01-13 06:03

Bought my first backhoe. A 1979 Case 580C extendahoe. Been a very long time from the last time I operated one. She is a old gal and does need some care, but runs like a champ. In fact, I had to pull one of the cylinders off one of the outriggers to rebuild it before I can use it. The seal is shot, dumping oil. Knew that when I bought her. I have a lot of work for her in her near future of clearing some land and digging out my pond to make it bigger. I still need a operation manual and service manual. I really don't know what is what on this hoe.:Banghead I will be picking y'alls mines on how to repair her in the future if y'all don't mind.

Replies1
  1. #1fishfighter2014-01-13 14:52

    Got my stabilizer cylinder fixed and installed. Dug my first hole today. Digging out a few stumps to start with.