Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland 185B Skidsteer questions

Georgepe5 ยท 2024-07-24 12:10

I am helping a friend/heavy equipment operator troubleshoot his skidsteer problems. I have electrical knowledge but am not familiar with the physical aspects of this equipment. I don't know where all the parts are located so it makes it hard to do any electrical trouble shooting. The owner says that the skidsteer will suddenly stop running. When he tries to start with the service run switch in the "run" position, it will crank but not start. It does start and run in the "service' position. Seems to be an intermittent problem. I have the shop manual with all of the schematics but I can't find pictures that show where the parts are. First, after much googleing, I stumbled on some very helpful information in Haytalk by Mike10 showing schematics and a picture of the fuse panel in the rear. Thanks Mike10! I pulled the relays (run relay,interlock start relay,interlock fuel relay) and bench tested them with a power supply and they seem to be functioning OK. Also. I pulled out the run/service switch and it is functioning OK. I did notice that someone previously put a jumper between pins 7 and 9 which appears to bypass the interlock fuel relay??? I would like to check the aux/neutral switch. Where is it located and what activity causes it to function? I would like to check the Fuel hold-in solenoid. It looks like it allows fuel flow when energized. Where is it located? Also, the cold start advance solenoid. Are both solenoids required to permit fuel flow or do they work in parallel? It is not obvious to me how the run/service switch interrupts the hydraulic brake and loader solenoids. Does it work thru the instrument cluster monitoring system? Generally, is there a document that shows the physical location of all of the electrical parts including the connectors? With a little help, I think I can solve his problem and get his 185 back in operation. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, Thanks, George

Replies0

No replies yet.