Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland 555E backhoe

Mpavelecky ยท 2023-10-09 12:32

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to find out the year my new holland 555E was made please? Thank you for the help in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-10-09 22:06

    Welcome to HEF, Mpavelecky ! I can't, but a serial number would be needed by someone that can.

  2. #2Swetz2023-10-10 06:41

    This is all I have from the manual. On my machine, there are years on all of the origional hydraulic hoses. Some other parts on the machine are dated as well.

  3. #3rumblecloud2023-10-10 08:27

    Hey Mpavelecky ...Welcome to the show. As a reference, the serial number on mine is 031003413. I am fairly sure mine, purchased on April 1st of this year (yeah I know), is 1997. The reason I think that is because I was looking at another model prior to this purchase and it was billed as a 1998 -- that SN# was 031003972. Models years on hoes, it seems, are not nearly as important as the machine's history and condition - service records and such. Regardless it is nice to know and can help when sourcing parts. The SN# is the best source though. There are good people here who are very knowledgeable and willing to help. They pitched in on my problems straight away. If you could, tell us more about your hoe, your experience and post some pics when you get a chance. Visuals help sometimes in identifying model years. Anyway, good luck in your search and I'll be following along. R

  4. #4NH575E2023-10-10 13:43

    Call a NH parts department with your serial number. They can tell you the production date, where it was sold, and by what dealer.