Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

stabilizer/extendahoe not working on case backhoe 2005 580 super m series 2

Cayden ยท 2023-11-27 17:15

hello,i am having trouble with the stabilizer/extendahoe in my case backhoe.i am aware of the module that flashes a code above the rear axel i checked that and i am getting 3 flashes from the module i have a book with the fault codes and code 3 is sayin replace the switch for the stabilizers which i replaced an still getting the same code.Then checked the harness from the module up to the switch for damage or lose connection and seen nothing.was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what to do next

Replies5
  1. #1Travis9R2024-09-14 13:50

    I have the same problem but my stabilizers currently work good. For the last couple of years I have had to cycle the telescoping permissable switch several times to get the actuation buttons to work. Now I cannot get the telescoping solenoids to actuate no matter how many times I cycle anything. Stabilizers still work good. My box also flashes 3 times in sequence. Did you get yours fixed?

  2. #2Cayden2025-01-30 21:33

    had case come out and look at it and they were stumbled and were no help have been herring from a few people with the same issue it could be a stuck switch or dirty grounds or loose connections but still no luck on fixing it has failed me multiple times on the job.

  3. #3Cayden2026-07-01 05:39

    any luck yet on yours? i was being told recently to check electrical soliends on the pilot vavle

  4. #4Deere500a2026-07-01 09:28

    Under the machine rear,face forward the right side outrigger problem see red LED lite-relay or bad ground.

  5. #5gggraham2026-07-05 06:57

    See attached troubleshooting guide. Most problems I've seen are ground issues, extendahoe buttons are not in the neutral position, stabilizer levers not in neutral or a failed module.