I just purchased a NH 555E and I can not get the boom to lift at the same time you pull the stick in or really can not do 2 things at one time,,,every thing seems to have good power and speed by there self such as the curl seems to be very fast,,,Its just seems to bypass as you are lifting the boom and start to bring the stick in the boom stops completely,,,I have not changed any fluids or filters yet and I have approx. 6" of hydro oil in the tank (not upto the sight glass) ,,,The Hydraulic pump whines while its cold and after you move it around a little bit the noise seems to go away,,,any help would be Appreciated
This should have been in the TLB forum but filling up the hyd. reservoir would be the first thing to do. Only 6" of oil sounds really low. Look for leaks. The pump can whine because of cavitation and/or low oil. How cold is it? Once the oil warms up a bit and expands might be just enough to lessen the whining. You don't want to have to replace the pump because you ran it too low on oil. The smaller cylinders or cylinders with lighter load on them might take priority because they require less oil. The oil could be too low to allow multiple functions.
Welcome to HEF @FordNew555e Apart from getting your fluid levels correct, I would guess that you might be pulling both circuit levers to full stroke while digging? I'm not an operator.... The oil/pressure will take the path of less resistance - depending on type of ground you are digging & the design of the hydraulic system. Engine speed also has an affect, more revs = more flow Generally, when operating a hoe, the operator will need to feather the controls between circuits to make the hoe move as desired. By doing this you should be able to move two circuits for sure - three might be a bit of an ask - but I've seen it done. Obviously, you only have a limited amount of oil flow to send so the more circuits you are opening up - the slower they will travel.
Fordnew555e, I own a 675E which is almost the exact same machine. When my tank is at the bottom of the sight glass it does not make cavation noises, cold or warm. I wonder what oil is in it? Also, I wonder if the filter that is in the tank is clogged. Finally, I wonder about water being in the oil. If it were me, I would drain the tank and remove the round cover on the side and then remove the filter and clean it. While in there I would inspect the inside of the tank for debris. Then I would change the hydraulic return filter. Depending on what you find, you may have to get all of the oil out of the system, which is a PITA. What rpm are you at when trying to go into the functions you describe? Are you feathering the controls or going full boat? I am not sure how much advice you will get here because this is the excavator portion of the forum. There are a couple of New Holland guys in the backhoe section.
Generally you do try to feather the controls but even if a function is stalled another should work. On my Cat backhoe that is probably similar I can have the stick stalled with valve pulled all the way in hard ground and still curl the bucket to get it to fill.
Thanks for all the replies I will get the oil level a lot higher in the tank after I change all the filters
FordNew555E, Was just thinking about your problem. Another member on this forum has a similar machine and took off the suction strainer (filter) in the tank and found a round disc in the piping. It seems that the disc was part of the inside end of the filter. That could give you cavation. I quoted it below. The member also provided a drawing in that post to make a wrench to remove the filter from the tank. It is post 79 in the thread that I linked below. There are some pics of the inside of the tank as well in that thread. I know it is a 675E, but they are essentially the same machines with minor variations. HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks once I drain the tank I will check the filter to see if there is any blockish