Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new Holland 575E backhoe?

mrbb ยท 2015-08-20 20:25

OK been looking to buy something for about the property a buddy knows a guy selling a NH 575E , NOT sure of yr or miles front tires are at about 40% tread, and rears are newer about all I know so far, don't even have a price ?? BUT I know nothing about this model does anyone have any advice, experience with it, or?? I don't need a hoe, but if its a decent one and price is right?? it will do what I want and more SO< anyone? all suggestions advice will be welcome here

Replies4
  1. #1mrbb2015-08-23 17:34

    OK so I guess no one know's anything about this model??

  2. #2dbohann2015-08-23 21:45

    I have a 555e that I bought for around my property its a 97 model and I got it really cheap around 8000. I knew I was going to have to put some money in it but the price I got it for I could afford to do that. I've been fairly well pleased with it I don't think it would be up to par to make money with but as far as around the property I've had no complaints. I've had the issue with the hydraulics they get the job done but I know they're not right I'm starting to think the pump it's bad. one thing I would make sure of is that you can get parts for it. The closest New Holland dealer is about an hour from me so it's not too bad.

  3. #3x-ray2015-08-23 22:10

    Hello fellow member. This is great forum with lots of advice on equipment. I have New Holland branded 655e. The 575E is similar to a 555, 655 with the 575 denoting a turbo'd unit. The turbos help with a bit faster in the hydro department. I can't speak for the machine other than from your comment that "I don't need a hoe" sounds like you are on the skeptical side of getting one. It really needs to be a sure thing IMO. The only advice I can give is that in buying a piece of machinery like a TLB that once you by it the problems are yours. The friend of a friend thing you can use to your advantage, as such as finding out a little more on what it life was used for up till now (ie if it was beat as in a paving company for busting up pavement w bucket(run)). You may even be able to work out a weekend try out somehow. I looked and questioned quite a bit before purchasing mine. Go over the unit then w a fine tooth comb, pins, engine, hoses, etc. Price is set by market area and number of units on the market so using some internet sites you can gain what public and private local markets are doing. If you do a search you can find where some of the later 200x models suffered from some quality issues. I have not had or experienced any major headaches with mine being a pre 2k model. Here are a couple of high points that I find indispensable for a backhoe: 4x4, and Ext Hoe. The "e" designates the ext hoe.

  4. #4hosspuller2015-08-23 22:55

    I've had a backyard hoe for 10 years... It's a great thing to have available for chores and fun. You could rent a machine for a large project, but it's the little tasks that a backyard hoe is really for. (planting a tree, digging a trench or a stump, etc) Double check your mechanical abilities. If you have to call mobile service for anything, it'll be expensive. Not to mention, you'll be missing the fun of getting greasy, dirty, tired, and proud of a completed repair. While on service... find your local parts source. You'll need parts and advice. (for advice, this site's readers are tops :drinkup)