Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland C238…only 120hrs won’t start. DPF lockout???

Still4wd ยท 2013-11-14 16:14

So new machine, won't start. Could be as easy as a bad starter, but New Holland says the machine could be locked out due to not letting the DPF run through its cycle. Anyone have experience with DPF in their machines, and anything important that I should know about it. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952013-11-14 18:50

    Isn't it under warranty??

  2. #2NHtech012013-11-14 20:38

    What does the machine do when you power on the power button. There is a lock that could have been pushed when you exited the unit which could have locked the dash not allowing it to start.

  3. #3Still4wd2013-11-15 06:22

    Under warranty for sure. Sit in seat, put on seat belt. Push POWER button, dash lights up. Hit START and all you hear is it click but will not crank. Battery is at 100%.

  4. #4KSSS2013-11-15 11:09

    That really sounds to me like a loose power or ground connection to me. I have a CASE Alpha, similar to yours but mine does not have the tier 4 stuff on it, I have never had that happen.