Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pros and Cons of the D7E electric drive dozer

earthandiron ยท 2010-08-22 21:11

Hey everyone, I havent had the chance to operate the D7E with an electric drive; just wondering if the feedback is as good as the the brochure says it is?

Replies7
  1. #1qball2010-08-22 22:07

    my friend ran for t.j. lambrecht at ohare airport in chicago. she loved it. said it pushed like an 8, graded like a 6, and was quiet as heck.

  2. #2Kman90902010-08-23 00:14

    Tj Lambrecht got much work up there in chicago???

  3. #3Timdozers2010-08-23 02:07

    D7E Eletric drive I sent an email to cat and got this back; Hello Tim: The D7E is not currently available in New Zealand. It's possible that it could be next year, depending on customer adoption of US EPA Tier 4 Interim engine emissions technology. I'd suggest staying in touch with your Cat dealer for the latest developments. At this time, the D7E does not include power outlets, but others have also expressed interest, so it is certainly on the consideration list for future development. Thanks for your interest! Regards, Lori Porter Core Industries Marketing ----- Forwarded by Lori T. Porter/0X/Caterpillar on 08/06/2010 02:52 PM ----- [email protected] 06/29/2010 02:36 AM

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2010-08-23 02:13

    If you do a search, there is a pretty long thread with feedback from demo's and such. Myself, I loved it. Best dozer I have ever been on in 20+ years of this work.

  5. #5Timdozers2010-08-23 03:19

    I can't find that thread mate, what's it called?

  6. #6Timdozers2010-08-23 03:30

    How long will the electic motors last? I wonder how long the electric motors will last? ( and the generator ) The work I do can be hard going, side casting, pushing stumps etc.

  7. #7OCR2010-08-23 03:56

    Electric Drive Tractors!!! Here you go, Timdozers... all 9 pages and 131 posts. OCR...