I have a 2000 New Holland EC130. It has been showing an error code "40000" for a while now sometimes when you first turn the key to on. Turning the key off then back on would clear it. Well now it is on I can't get it to go off. Got in touch with someone at a New Holland dealership and the said the code meant a short to the controller. Said it could be anything like a loose ground wire, or a fuse, or the computer. I have checked about everything I know how to as far as wires, batteries, and looked at all the fuses. Seems to be ok. Anyway, symptoms are that the throttle dial does not work, if you fire it up it runs wide open. Temp gauge and RPM's do not register. And if you try to move it much or put a load on it, it will about bog itself down. Just looking if anyone has any experience with this. I know it has to be electrical. Thanks for any help.
Code 40000 is "communication error". The fault is said to be at the control panel. The symptom, according to the service manual, is supposed to be reduced power. It sounds like the computer is not regulating the proportional valve correctly. I will dive into this when I have a little more time.
Yeah I have not had any luck getting it fixed yet. New Holland gave their construction service dept over to Case. And three Case dealers I talked to knew nothing about it! So I'm now waiting on the Case dealer to get the key for New Holland. Really has been frustrating.
Are there any other functions that do not work? The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem(code 40000), and it ended up being the main plug on the top of the computer. I would first loosen this and spray the connections with contact cleaner. This is my optimistic solution, though this is more than likely not the solution. From your explanation of the symptoms, the proportional valve is not operating and that can be for a number of reasons. I would first check the wires to the valve. They should gave a resistance of less than 30 ohms, but more than 15 ohms. Also check the connection at the valve. The proportional valve is located behind the cab and can be accessed from the panels under the machine(it is the valve complex with the accumulator on it). I understand the frustration with New Holland. My local dealer is also worthless. I have had to do everything myself with these machines. Luckily(knock on wood), I have had little to no problems. Let me know if this information helps. You can also manually set the proportional valve if you can not solve anything electronically. This is kind of a last ditch thing. Dan
Thanks for your help. There are no other functions that do not work that I am aware of. I have unplugged, looked and plugged back in every plug that I could find including the plug on top of the computer. Although I did not spray any contact cleaner on them. The batteries were 5-6 years old so I went ahead and replaced them and cleaned those connections real good. Also tested all the fuses. We did find 4-5 wires in the engine compartment in a bundle where they were clamped to engine that had the coating worn. Taped those up and no luck. I do not think I have checked any wires to the proportional valve. I will try to look at that tomorrow. Like I said I appreciate your suggestions. It has been 4 weeks since I contacted New Holland customer relations and they are sent me to the local Case dealer (that I had previously called 2 weeks before that for them to tell me I needed a New Holland dealer). They are dragging there feet. I did see in the repair manual were you could override the electronics for emergency use. Really wouldn't mind doing that if I could put in a throttle, engine temp gauge, hyd. temp gauge. I just wonder about a few other things including the pressure settings, ect.
This is probably a longshot, but did you ever resolve the issue? My 2000 EC 130 is doing the same thing. Thanks in advance
Any help would be appreciated, nobody has any idea what the problem could be?
tttpolaris, Are you still having issues with your EC-130?
Having same error code, 40000, no throttle response, very high idle, no rpm/temp gauges, bogs when any load, cleaned contacts on ecu, gonna clean rest of connections in that area from dash to ecu anyone figure this out.. ec215
Like I posted back in 2015, the one time I had this issue it was related to the plug. I never did hear back from the other users and their issues…
Has anyone had a solution for the error code 40000 some of my functions don't work on my screen and it seems like its reduced power power boost button does not work and if you keep your foot on the travel pedal just a little it will sometimes work its butt off and then sometimes its lacking in power
Did you ever find a solution to your problem or did you over ride it for emergency use and it work out fine?