Hey Guys - New to the site but realize I have been missing out! Great forum! I am thinking about buying a 2006 New Holland EC 600 B excavator. I have a piece of land in an industrial park that it now makes sense to build on. It is covered in large glacial boulder remains. I have been doing test holes with the John Deere 160LC with a thumb and it can move 80% of the rock into a stockpile for hammering. For the production, I need a much larger machine for the remaining 20%. I could go buy a Cat 345 or John Deere 450 but figured for the price and the fact that this machine will be right sized or oversized for the job, it wont be working at capacity and therefore may be a good choice based on price and weight. The EC 600 is available in my state at a reasonable price for the hours and age. 3,100 hours. Actually kinda low for the year and I am worried about seals and hoses that have sat too long un-used but that's not the big issue in my mind. My concern is, what is the reputation of the machine? How will it hold up for the next 2,000 hours of moderate abuse? How do I find parts now, we are in eastern Massachusetts. Good Deere, Cat and Komatsu support but not much else. Have never owned other brands besides Cat and Deere so kind of in the dark here. Looks like machine was well cared for and is in very clean condition otherwise. Sounds like this could actually be a Fiat machine? Kobelco? Anyone have any insight on this size/brand of machine? Thanks in advance!
I have a much smaller 2005 NH EH80 CS, which is really a Kobelco. Kobelco made all the excavators for NH under an agreement up to about 2012 or so. Now Kobelco is doing their own selling in North America. They still make the mini excavators for NH (up thru a E50) & will continue doing so for some indeterminate period. So, I would think that a 2006 NH EC600 is certainly a Kobelco. If you look carefully, there should be a Kobleco id plate on the machine (there is on my EH80). I love my EH80...I think it was/is an under rated & under appreciated machine, compared to most others I've looked at, even new ones. You should be able to get support for a number of years yet thru a NH construction dealer...otherwise direct thru a Kobelco dealer. Check Kobelco's web site for the dealer that covers your area.
Yep, it's a Kobelco. Good machines.
No the EC600 was NOT a Kobelco they were made for New Holland by O&K i believe and were a rare bird parts are not that easy to come by and are expensive even more so now that New Holland has dumped the construction line!
The EC600 was an O&K? I must admit I was assuming based on the other NH's being Kobelcos. I hate when I assume, it seems like every time I do, I shouldn't have.:crying
The early model New Holland's were just repainted O&K's, I believe the Fiat/New Holland group of companies bought them out in the mid to late 1990's? Not sure when they jumped in with Kobelco. On the few that I've seen around here, the barrel end of boom & stick cylinders had an O&K emblem cast in them.
This machine doesn't look much like a kobelco especially the cab. The ID plate also say made in Germany. Thinking this will be difficult to find parts for based on very little info coming back on the internet and from various shops and salesmen we deal with. The machine is a good deal for the condition and size. Would be plenty of machine to get the first part of then job done but we need to mount a hammer and thumb and I would be willing to bet that once we dig into compatability this will become a difficult job. For another $40k I can get a higher hour Deere 450 with plumbing and know I can depend on the dealer for parts and major service. Thinking I should pass on the 600. Also difficult to move that machine to the next job. She's 140,000 lbs.! Thanks for your input guys!
I think it is the same as a OK 25