I have a 2006 New Holland L185. It will not start, when I sit down in the seat, the instrument panel does not automatically illuminate like normal. Is there a way to check the seat sensor to make sure that is my problem before I just replace it? Or is there anything else I can try to troubleshoot? When I turn the key on the gauges power up, but It will not crank. I was using the machine and the pedals started to lock up intermittently as if they were getting locked out but they would start working again without me doing anything. That's when I stopped to investigate and then it wouldn't crank back and I also started getting a low voltage warning immediately. Sorry for the long post, I know this topic has been discussed a lot but I can't find another thread that mentions my exact problem, most seem to be with the seat belt sensor. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a thorough battery test, is in order. Also check the grounds...
Battery checks good. All fuses are good. Seat belt sensor seems to be good. It has continuity when the buckle inserted. Does this series have the run/service switch? I’ve looked but can’t find one. How would i jump the seat sensor? It has three wires going to it.
Got the seat sensor out and it also has continuity when the button is pressed. What else should I check? Please help!
Wire up the seat sensor plug with jumper wires, to see if it runs well, in all situations. If so, you've found the culprit...
Narrowed it down to one of the spool lock out solenoids. The one for the boom up/down. Keeps blowing the eic fuse. If i unplug it, it will run just fine. Check the wires going to it and didn’t see anything obvious. I took the solenoid out and it works when I checked it with a battery. I also switched the wires around to the tilt spool and it did not blow the fuse, so I’m pretty sure I have a bad solenoid but I’m just sort of puzzled that it works when I straight wire it to a battery.