Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LS 170 Hydraulic oil

Steve Z ยท 2020-02-07 15:59

I just picked up a new to me 2000 Model year machine. The resivoir levle is about 4" below thefull line. How do I add oil. The black cap at the top has resisted my efforts to remove. Do I have to undo the eight screws holding it to the white plastic reservoir? Thank you, SteveZ

Replies7
  1. #1ThreeCW2020-02-07 20:47

    Post a photo and I will compare it to my ~2000 LS160 where the cap just threads off.

  2. #2Steve Z2020-02-08 11:25

    I figured it out. Hercules had installed the cap. The more I looked at it the more I became convinced that you had to add oil through the cap. First I pried gently on the cap to see if it just popped off. No luck, then I stuck it he screw driver into one of the openings to see if it unscrewed. It did. Added a gallon oil oil and went back to work. Thank you for the reply Steve

  3. #3ThreeCW2020-02-08 17:40

    Glad you figured it out. Welcome to the forum!

  4. #4Steve Z2020-02-10 10:45

    Thank you

  5. #5tractormech2020-02-13 22:22

    I have worked on several New Holland machines around that year both tracked and rubber tired. Be glad to help if you ever need it. Welcome!

  6. #6Steve Z2020-02-13 22:24

    Thank you. So far,so good since I figured our Hercules tightened the caps on both the hyd oil and the engine oil.

  7. #7tractormech2020-02-13 22:37

    They are pretty good machines.