Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LS 180, “Low Oil Pressure” warning and shut off

OTransport ยท 2016-11-16 06:55

I have a 2003 New Holland LS 180. Recently after running for 5-10 minutes the low oil pressure (image of light from manual attached) warning came on and shuts machine down after 10-30 seconds. Let it sit for a few hours while doing some other things, came back to load it up to work on it and it ran fine for 5-10 minutes, then after heating up the warning and shut down came on. I do not have a manual, just ordered one. Can someone advise as to where the sensor/switch and sending unit would be (picture would be great). I figured this is where to start, then pull the control panel off to see if anything in the back is bad. Thanks in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1DIYDAVE2016-11-16 20:38

    Generally they are on the block, I'd look near the filter housing, or up on the head. Its gotta be near the oil gallery, somewhere...:idea